To respond to incoming calls and receive/greet students, parents and visitors in a way that optimizes efficiency and minimizes disruption of the educational process and provide clerical assistance for the efficient operation of the middle school campus office.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Receive and direct incoming calls, take reliable messages, and route to appropriate staff.
- Greet and direct campus visitors.
- Respond to inquiries from staff members, students, and the general public.
- Assist students, teachers, and parents as needed.
- Assist parents in checking students in and out of school.
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail, messages, documents, and other deliveries.
- Assist with the receipt and distribution of student materials, including homework requests.
- Maintain visitor log and issue visitor passes.
- Assist with preparation of materials for mailing, including preparing labels, stuffing envelopes, etc.
- Maintain computerized files using personal computer, including reports, employee roster, and mailing lists.
- Assist with the scheduling of teacher conferences.
- Provide clerical assistance as needed.
- Supervise office aides.
- Demonstrates regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- Graduation from an accredited high school or GED.
- Experience in clerical work in office setting.
- Skill in organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively; manage multiple priorities and projects; use computer and application software.
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- Must be able to remain in sitting position for long periods to answer phone calls and greet guests.
- Use standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals.
- Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting.
- Repetitive hand motions including frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds).
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website