To work collaboratively with the campus principal and District Staff to support instructional staffs in continuously improving teaching and learning. This position may be contingent upon funding in whole or in part through state or federal grants.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Establish positive and supportive relationships with teachers and administrators.
- Collaborate with principal and school leadership/improvement teams.
- Provide support for new and experienced teachers through coaching cycles, facilitating, professional learning, and mentoring. Serve as campus Lead Mentor for new teachers.
- Observe, co-teach, model, and provide judgment-free feedback on effective instructional practices.
- Support district-wide efforts including guaranteed and viable curriculum, assessment development, high-quality instructional practices, effective use of data, and the advancement of collaborative teams for a highly functioning Professional Learning Community.
- Assist in development, implementation, and follow-up support of campus and district-level professional learning.
- Facilitate learning and coaching in digital learning practices, formative assessment, ELL strategies, differentiation, classroom management, engagement, and culturally responsive teaching.
- Build teacher capacity to engage students in innovative learning experiences that best align research-based instructional strategies and appropriate digital tools and resources to the intended level of thinking within the content.
- Collaborate with teams of teachers to support lesson planning and to facilitate the use of student work and performance data to make informed instructional decisions based on the district's curriculum.
- Support teachers in implementing Continuous Improvement philosophy and tools to support and improve classroom systems, instruction, and student learning.
- Participate as a collaborative member of the Teaching and Learning team, identifying areas of improvement, learning together, sharing new ideas, and building capacity for strong instructional leaders throughout the district.
- Attend regular training and collaborative meetings at the district level.
- Demonstrate regular and prompt attendance to ensure a consistent focus on student learning.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- Bachelor's degree in education or related field.
- Valid Texas teaching certificate appropriate to subject and grade level assigned.
- Minimum three years of successful teaching experience required, five or more years preferred.
- Knowledge of curriculum implementation including technology integration; effective staff development practices; continuous improvement; effective instructional strategies and research-based best practices.
- Skill in planning and organization; written and interpersonal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to actively pursue ongoing professional growth; reflect on own practice and take effective action towards continuous improvement; structure own time and manage multiple priorities.
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities noted herein; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
- May be exposed to outdoor weather conditions during portions of work day.
- Needs to move about inside the classroom or campus to monitor students as necessary.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Frequent moving of small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.
- Occasional requires lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Occasional prolonged and irregular hours.
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules of others on short-term basis.
- Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit.
- Maintain composure and professionalism at all times.
Apply on company website