This position is a part-time position (less than 20hrs/ week)
Not benefit eligible
To provide students with a safe, attractive, comfortable, clean and efficient place in which to learn, play and develop.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Works assigned shift to maintain a cleaning schedule at the designated area that will include classroom floors, furniture, bathrooms, windows, facilities, and equipment.
- Monitors paper and soap dispensers for refills as needed.
- Take out trash from all classrooms, bathrooms and offices.
- Sanitize bathrooms in the designated area.
- Vacuum classroom, office, hallways and Multi-Purpose Room carpets.
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Report promptly to the Administrative Assistant, Custodial Area Supervisor, Assistant Director of Custodial Services any acts of vandalism, defects, or accidental destruction that may prove injurious to students and staff.
- Ensure the building is secured during operating and energy management policies are followed.
- Monitor heating, cooling, and ventilation systems; reports any malfunctions to the Administrative Assistant or Custodial Area Supervisor, or Plant Services.
- Coordinate moving furniture and equipment as required.
- May be required the use of a lift to clean and dust high surfaces in MPR's and gyms.
- Must be able to work at a different campus, if needed.
- Demonstrates regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- General experience in custodial or cleaning work.
- Knowledge of cleaning techniques and procedures.
- Skill in the use of custodial materials, chemicals, and equipment.
- Ability to read, understand and follow written and verbal instructions and operate custodial equipment; read, speak, and write English is strongly preferred.
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- Must move about inside the building to perform custodial work.
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to clean at higher levels.
- Constantly positions self to be able to reach items on floor or above head.
- Constantly standing and walking for long periods of work day.
- Frequently moves equipment, supplies, furniture or trash weighing up to 50 pounds.
- May be exposed to strong smells from cleaning solutions.
- May be exposed to intermittent sounds of a loud nature.
- Operate medium weight cleaning equipment such as vacuum, floor buffer, and carpet extractor.
Apply on company website