The State Board for Educator Certification will require all first time applicants for an initial credential to be fingerprinted as part of a national criminal background check. A cost of up to $49.00 will be charged for fingerprinting.
To support a highly available and secure network by designing and implementing processes and programs to enhance data security.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Responsible for installing, maintaining and troubleshooting networks and servers.
- Responsible for user-focused technical support (repairs, training, etc.).
- Responsible for creating, deploying and maintaining software bundles and packages.
- Responsible for creating, deploying and maintaining Client OS images.
- User ID administration for all systems using AD, LDAP and IDM systems.
- Responsible for installation, maintenance, and management of systems management software. (Microsoft SCCM and or JAMF JSS/Casper)
- Provide technical escalation point for complex issues.
- Diagnose and repair hardware and software computer problems.
- Document all processes and procedures for Windows client and server environments.
- Implement and maintain backup procedures to ensure that Windows server-based data is protected from loss.
- May assist in technical support and set-up/take down for Board meetings and retreats.
- Demonstrate regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field (relevant experience may substitute for degree).
- Current Microsoft MCSE certification preferred. JAMF Certifications (CCA & CMA) preferred. Apple ACSA/ACTC Certifications preferred.
- Experience with system administration; design and maintenance of active directory services and other identity management services, group policy objects. Software bundling preferred. Experience in cloud hosted solutions such as Google for Education, Office365 for Education preferred. Experience with Cisco WAN products preferred.
- Knowledge of the Centralized Authentication and Administration Models, such as Active Directory or LDAP; VMWare vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V; Windows Servers and Windows 8 or Windows 10 and later in an Enterprise network environment; Apple based products in corporate networks; Linux such as Ubuntu 16 LTS and later; Storage Area Network (SAN) administration; Exchange 2013 administration; MS Office, System Center Suite and network printing; in-depth knowledge/experience supporting windows based products.
- Skill in written and verbal communication.
- Ability to provide strong customer support; maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times; manage multiple priorities and projects; clearly written documentation of technical processes; and to investigate and compile data from various sources.
The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities noted herein; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
- Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule on short-term basis.
- Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit.
- Ability to communicate with individuals utilizing a telephone, computer or other electronic device.
- Ability to compose material such as detailed reports, work-related manuals, publications of limited scope or impact and to make presentations outside of the immediate work area.
- Ability to compute, analyze and interpret numerical data for reporting purposes.
- Ability to make information presentations, inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, multi-priority environment.
- Ability to handle difficult conversations and deescalate employees, staff, and parents.
- Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting.
- Repetitive hand motions including frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching.
- Occasional lifting and carrying (up to 25 pounds).
- May work prolonged or irregular hours.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Maintain composure and professionalism at all times.
Apply on company website