DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Unit Secretary.
We are seeking a part-time Unit Secretary for our Radiology Department to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
LewisGale Hospital Montgomery (LGHM) is located in the beautiful mountainous region of Virginia, in the backyard of the Virginia Tech University campus. LGHM is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) hospital and is a 146-bed acute care facility. Most importantly, we hold a distinction for being a Magnet Facility and are recognized by the Joint Commission as a Top Performer.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
- Answers phones, relays messages, communicates with patients/visitors, and directs information to appropriate personnel.
- Enters exams into CPCS radiology module for the diagnostic departments as appropriate.
- Notifies departments of patient's arrival and escorts patients to appropriate waiting area.
- Prepares radiology reports for distribution to physicians. On evenings and weekends, also responsible for batch printing and sorting reports.
- Calls in technologists as necessary for procedures during evenings and weekends.
- Escorts patients to dressing rooms and provides instructions for changing into gowns as appropriate.
- Keeps patients informed of delays in procedures.
- Properly checks in and out films to and from appropriate facilities and appropriately keeps track of this information by utilizing the CPCS computer system.
- Delivers preliminary reports to appropriate departments in a timely manner (as required).
- Retrieves films from the unit viewing areas (as required).
- Maintenance and distribution of reports for satellite film readings (as required).
- Assures primary area is clean and organized. Assists in other areas of the department when not needed in primary area. Performs clerical and transport duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (preferred)
Secretarial experience preferably in a medical setting and additional training in office/secretarial functions and equipment (preferred)
Must have excellent customer service skills and use proper phone etiquette (required)
- Part-Time (24 hours per week)
- Holiday coverage (as needed or required)
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website