DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Operating Room. Submit your application today!
Our Surgical Technologist teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment program, employee discount program, and an employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
LewisGale Hospital Montgomery (LGHM) is located in the beautiful mountainous region of Virginia, in the backyard of the Virginia Tech University campus. LGHM is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) hospital and is a 146-bed acute care facility. Most importantly, we hold a distinction for being a Magnet Facility and are recognized by the Joint Commission as a Top Performer.
The following duties and functions will be required of this role:
- Scrubs cases as it relates to the unit scope of care.
- Assists the Registered Nurse with circulating duties.
- Exercises sound judgement and decision making skills on behalf of patient, self, and peers.
- Pursues opportunities to enhance personal and/or professional growth.
- Communicates effectively with staffs, peers, physicians, and other departments.
- Organizes work to complete duties efficiently and effectively.
- Serves as a professional member of the OR team.
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures, supports the mission of the hospital.
- Assembles and puts away supplies for cases, including room turnover.
- 1 year of prior Surgical Tech experience is preferred
- Certification/diploma from an accredited Surgical Technology Program including certification through METC (Military Education and Training Command) is preferred
- American Heart Association or American Red Cross Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Healthcare Provider upon hire or within 90 days of employment is required
- Surgical Technologist Certification (CST) is preferred
- Weekend & Holidays (as needed)
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website