DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as an Emergency Department Technician.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Emergency Department team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
LewisGale Hospital Pulaski (LGHP) is located in the beautiful mountainous region of Virginia. Pulaski is considered a neighbor to the Virginia Tech Hokie community and is a short 45 minute drive from Roanoke, VA. The HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) hospital is a 147-bed acute care facility with more than 350 employees and has been recognized by Joint Commission as a Top Performer. The medical staff includes a wide range of primary care and specialty care physicians, including Cardiology, Otolaryngology, Orthopedics, General Surgery, Urology and Oncology as well as Hospitalists.
Our Emergency Department:
- 12-Bed Emergency Department
- Chest Pain Cycle 4 Accreditation by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- Pathway Designation
- A supportive environment focused on fostering educational opportunities and specialty certification
- Leaders on this unit have a passion for supporting team members in reaching their professional goals
The Emergency Department Technician (ED Tech) provides quality patient care to Emergency Department patients and assist nursing staff and providers with high quality patient care needs. Other essential job functions include:
- Order entry
- Ordering of unit supplies
- Data collection and recording
- Maintaining the patient flow and patient flow board, phone lists for staff, physicians, and referral groups. Tracking physician's status of on-call. Coordinating all incoming and outgoing information and paging.
- Maintaining positive communication with nurses, providers, coworkers and patients.
- Effectively assist licensed nurse in the care of the emergency department patient.
- Participating with the licensed nurse in the development and modification of the patient's plan of care, including pain management.
- Assisting the healthcare team in implementation of plan of care and documents in chart from admission to discharge.
- Providing for patient safety.
- Maintaining competence and effectiveness with EMS communications.
- Performing clinical duties as defined under ED policy and/or their licensure with the exception of intubation and medication administration.
- Lab draws, IV insertions, EKG, assisting with nursing procedures as needed.
- Assisting with patient transports with in the facility.
- Current EMT A, B, I, CT, or P in the Commonwealth of Virginia or National Registry; must maintain licensure/certification or must complete within 1 year of hire. Senior Level RN Nursing Student may be considered in lieu of EMT licensure (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider upon hire or within 90 days of employment (required)
- 1 year of field EMT experience (preferred)
- Full Time
- Mixed Shifts
- Weekend & Holiday Rotations
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website