DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
LewisGale Medical Center (LGMC) delivers quality care to our patients located in the beautiful mountainous region of Southwest Virginia. LGMC is a 521-bed acute care facility and is the largest hospital in the LewisGale Regional Health System (LGRHS). LewisGale is also ranked among the top hospitals in Virginia and the nation for benchmarked quality cancer care, patient safety and satisfaction and health outcomes.
Additional Information about our Inpatient Physical Rehab Unit:
- Interdisciplinary collaboration with family, occupational therapy, Physical Therapy, Speech Language Pathology, Case Management, and Physicians
- 35-Bed Inpatient Physical Rehab Unit
- Nurse to patient ratios based on acuity
- Gain experience with Neurological Diagnosis such as Stroke, Parkinson's Disease, Spinal Disorders, and others
- Conducts Daily Interdisciplinary Rounds
- Part of LGMC Shared Governance councils
- A supportive environment focused on fostering educational opportunities and specialty certification (i.e. Certified Rehab Registered Nurse)
- New leaders with a passion for supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals, excellent practice, and collegial relationships
Job Duties include:
-Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to provide nursing care to the rehabilitation patient.
-Performs job tasks to ensure personal, patient, and departmental safety.
-Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers. Documents required information according to hospital policy.
-Functions in an organized and time conscious manner
-Presents self in a professional manner.
-Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others in collaboration with interdisciplinary team members. Uses appropriate patient education documentation modality.
-Acquires and maintains current knowledge pertinent to nursing practice in Rehabilitation
Required: Applied for State Boards or currently holds an LPN license for the state of Virginia, BLS is required.
Preferred: ACLS certification, membership in the Association of Rehab Nurses and the Virginia Association of Rehab Nurses.
Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Preferred: Enrolled in a Registered Nurse's Program.
Required: Nursing and medical knowledge of equipment and supplies.
Preferred: One year experience in area of expertise to which applying.
Why join HCA - LewisGale?
- Matching 401K
- Low Deductibles for Health, Vision, and Dental
- Team Culture
- Passion for patient care
- Career Advancement through Clinical Ladder
- Relocation Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
- Student Loan Assistance Program ($1,800/calendar year)
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.”
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website