SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Are you looking for a work environment as a Registered Nurse where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with HCA LewisGale Medical Center today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
At HCA LewisGale Regional Health System, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment assistance up to $150 a month
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated RN like you to be a part of our team.Check us out on Facebook! LewisGale Medical Center (LGMC), a 521-bed acute care facility, is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, one of the nation's largest and leading healthcare systems. Through our extensive network stretching from the Alleghany Highlands and Rockbridge County to the Roanoke and New River Valleys, we have the privilege of serving more than 250,000 patients each year. LewisGale is also ranked among the top hospitals in Virginia for benchmarked quality cancer care, patient safety and satisfaction and health outcomes. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has ranked us among the top hospitals nationwide on quality measures for our services and treatments to address heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care. Most importantly, our healthcare family is community focused and dedicated to enhancing the health and quality of life by putting our patients first.
Additional Information about our Endoscopy Department:
- Perform various procedures including bronchoscopy, colonoscopy, EGD, ERCP and Endoscopic Ultrasound
- Provide care to 410 outpatients and inpatients on a monthly average
- Fast-paced and team work enriched environment where on average 9300 procedures are conducted annually
- 10-50 procedures performed daily in the department depending on the scheduled volume and length of procedure
- Gain hands on experience in assisting with GI physicians and Interventionalist with different procedures
- Diagnostic and therapeutic Endoscopic procedures performed, including advanced therapeutic procedures such as:
- Treatment of Barrett's Esophagus using Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA), Cryo-Therapy and Stretta
- Stent placement in the esophagus, colon, common bile duct and pancreatic duct
- Advanced ERCP procedures
- Endoscopic interventions as an option instead of surgery
- Critical care skills needed, evaluation by passage of BKAT testing upon hire or successful completion of Critical Care Course offered by facility
- Nurses perform patient assessments, teaching, documentation, IV insertion and assistance with procedures
- Nurses function in multiple roles within the department including admission, holding, PACU/discharge, and in the procedure room
- Multiple roles within the department allows day to day variety in work assignments
- Orientation 6-8 weeks by highly skilled Endoscopy staff
- A supportive environment focused on fostering educational opportunities
- Leaders in this department have a passion for supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Current licensure as an RN in the state of Virginia or current multi-state compact RN license with eligibility to practice in VA is required.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our RN opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website