9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Hospitals to Work for in the U.S., the heart of LMC is our 508-bed modern state-of-the-art facility. Winning the prestigious, "Summit Award" from Press Ganey for outstanding patient satisfaction, "Consumer Choice Award" from the National Research Corporation, all contributing to our reputation for giving our patients the highest quality care. Lexington Medical Center was voted one of South Carolina's “Best Places to Work” for 2019!
We are located in heart of the Midlands, right outside of Columbia, SC, and one of the most successful integrated healthcare systems in the Southeast. As the third largest employer in the Midlands, we invite you to be a part of our ongoing success and join our LMC Family.Job Summary
Performs computerized tomography scans. Performs specialized procedures including biopsies, aspirations and drainages.Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum Education: Graduate of an AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology, Radiation Therapy or Nuclear Medicine
- Minimum Years of Experience: None
- Substitutable Education & Experience: Military training may be assessed and used as a substitute towards educational requirement
- Required Certifications/Licensure: Certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists with a Post Primary certification in Computed Tomography; Possess a South Carolina Radiation Quality Standards Association license
- Required Training: None
- Demonstrates competence to provide developmentally appropriate care/treatment for the following patient population:
- Adolescent (13 years through 17 years
- Adult (18 years to 65 years)
- Geriatric (over 65 years)
- Observes condition of patient while in the CT Department and contacts appropriate personnel when necessary. Recognizes emergency patient conditions and initiates appropriate care.
- Prepares patients for CT procedures. Uses universal precautions on all patients.
- Provides pertinent information to radiologist, which will contribute to plan of care.
- Discusses with patients the process to be followed in performing the CT procedures; Obtains patient's signatures for consent forms as needed.
- Obtains optimum quality CT scans with appropriate measurements, windows and other special functions for interpretation by radiologist.
- Monitors intravenous contrast injections. Uses CT injector.
- Provides radiation protection in accordance with standards established by the state and federal boards.
- Assists radiologists with biopsies, aspirations, drainages and other specialty procedures requiring aseptic techniques.
- Initiates patient charging for CT procedures, intravenous contrast and other supplies in the Hospital EMR.
- Makes appropriate decisions based on judgment within the scope of their ability on technical or patient related problems and notifies the appropriate personnel.
- Assist in quality control of the equipment by contacting the appropriate personnel and notifies the department supervisor as necessary.
- Electronically sends images to the appropriate destination including PACS.
- Maintains cleanliness of CT Department and equipment. Uses proper cleaning technique, disposes of contaminated needles properly and maintains adequate stock of linen and supplies.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by authorized personnel or as required in an emergency, e.g., fire or disaster.
- Practices and implements good service excellence at all times. Be caring and genuinely concerned for patients. Be patient and try to relieve some of the anxiety patients have during a CT procedure.
- Proficient in starting IV's and injecting contrast for certain procedures
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for our employees and their families:
- Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Eligible employees may also enroll in LMC's retirement plans on their date of hire, including the South Carolina State Retirement System (SCRS)
- Supplemental 401(k)
- 457(b) retirement plans
- Free life insurance – equal to 1x salary
- Adoption assistance
- 401(K) Match – LMC matches dollar for dollar up to 6%
- LMC provides its full-time employees short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment
- 529 College Savings
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan forgiveness
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of LMC to provide equal opportunity of employment for all individuals, and to remain compliant with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. LMC strives to provide a discrimination-free environment, and to recruit, select, on-board, and employ all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to, lactation. LMC endeavors to upgrade and promote employees from within the hospital where possible and consistent with the employee's desires and abilities and the hospital's needs.
Apply on company website