2:30P-11P, 3:00P-11:30P, 11:30P-7:00A shifts available. All shifts with weekends on call.
Join our team of Certified Engineering Mechanics today!
What makes us different? Benefits are day ONE! No waiting period, and paid time off! Tools are provided at no cost to you and Carhart uniforms are provided (shared cost). Our Certified Engineering Mechanics work mostly in a temperature controlled space and work hours are stable, not weather dependent.
Performs a variety of skilled tasks that includes but is not limited to construction and maintenance of hospital facilities and equipment. Primary emphasis will be in the mechanical/electrical/plumbing fields. Also serves as technical advisor to other mechanics.Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum Years of Experience: 3 Years of certified experience in maintenance/construction
- Substitutable Education & Experience: None.
- Required Certifications/Licensure: Certification from the Municipal Association of South Carolina, or other approved licensing board, in electrical, plumbing, heating and air, pipe fitting, power or general construction; Acceptable driving record.
- Required Training: Must be able to read technical service manuals and blue prints
- Makes routine and emergency repairs on a variety of mechanical/electrical equipment.
- Makes general installation and repairs of water, steam, vacuum, compressed gases, sewerage, drainage, and automatic sprinkler lines and systems.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs plumbing systems, plumbing fixtures, and such apparatus as pumps and gauges.
- Inspects connections and other parts of systems for leaks, repairs, damage and replaces as needed.
- Works on both low and high temperature and pressure piping and equipment.
- Works on 120/208 and 277VAC equipment and circuits.
- Constructs and repairs building parts and fixtures, furniture and special equipment; inspects worksite to determine work to be done, calculates quantities of materials needed and requisitions hardware and supplies; performs such other tasks as necessary to complete the work, using hand and power tools.
- Evaluate work orders and project requirements and coordinate with appropriate personnel to plan/execute completion of the task.
- Works with minimal supervision with projects such as; erecting walls, applying plasterboards, repairing or installing building fixtures such as; doors, locks, windows, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing equipment. Must be able to produce a finished product.
- Operates a variety of tools and equipment indigenous to facilities construction and maintenance such as pipe cutters, reamers, threading machines, sawzall, phase rotation meter, voltmeter, etc.
- Assists as assigned with construction projects where his/her expertise is needed.
- Works as a team member to ensure both hospital and work area safety at all times.
- Performs such other duties as assigned by authorized personnel or as required in an emergency, e.g., fire or disaster.
- Trains, instructs, and directs helpers and coworkers and as assigned, assists other trades in building maintenance operations.
- Head work teams on projects as assigned by manager.
- Keeps department informed of all governmental codes and regulations and assures that maintenance and construction projects are in compliance.
- Maintains skills current and project requirements and coordinate with appropriate personnel to plan/execute completion of the task.
- Maintains an optimistic and professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and coworkers. Shows courtesy, compassion and respect. Conforms to Service Excellence Policy and "House Rules."
- Performs routine maintenance and repairs to plant operations equipment such as Boilers, Chillers and Emergency Generators.Performs required regulatory testing of emergency equipment
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for our employees and their families:
- Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Eligible employees may also enroll in LMC's retirement plans on their date of hire, including the South Carolina State Retirement System (SCRS)
- Supplemental 401(k)
- 457(b) retirement plans
- Free life insurance – equal to 1x salary
- Adoption assistance
- 401(K) Match – LMC matches dollar for dollar up to 6%
- LMC provides its full-time employees short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment
- 529 College Savings
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan forgiveness
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of LMC to provide equal opportunity of employment for all individuals, and to remain compliant with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. LMC strives to provide a discrimination-free environment, and to recruit, select, on-board, and employ all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to, lactation. LMC endeavors to upgrade and promote employees from within the hospital where possible and consistent with the employee's desires and abilities and the hospital's needs.
Apply on company website