PRN - Hours
AM & PM available
Consistently named best hospital, Lexington Medical Center dedicates itself to providing quality health services that meet the needs of its communities. Ranked #2 in the state and #1 in the Columbia metro area by U.S. News & World Report, Lexington Medical Center is the only hospital named one of the Best Places to Work in South Carolina.
The 557-bed hospital anchors a health care network that includes five community medical centers and employs nearly 8,000 health care professionals. The network includes a cardiovascular program recognized by the American College of Cardiology as South Carolina's first HeartCARE CenterTM and an accredited Cancer Center of Excellence affiliated with MUSC Hollings Cancer Center for research and education. The network also features an occupational health center, the largest skilled nursing facility in the Carolinas, an Alzheimer's care center and more than 70 physician practices.Job Summary
Responsible for conducting safe and effective fitness classes to hospital staff, community, and corporate groups. Responsible for teaching effective techniques of exercise at each level and will correct participants who are not following these techniques.Minimum Qualifications
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: None
Substitutable Education & Experience: None.
Required Certifications/Licensure: Current recognized Group Fitness or Personal Training certificate;
Current CPR and AED Certification required or must be obtained within first 90 days of employment;
In order to teach specialty classes, specific training/certification for that format is required.
Required Training: Demonstrated ability to teach a group exercise class.
- Demonstrates and teaches safe and effective exercise classes at a level appropriate for the class members. Corrects participants who are not executing movements safely.
- Uses motivational techniques and participate in incentive programs to encourage participants to have fun, work hard and be adherent to the program.
- Demonstrates appropriate communication of information to all ages and responds to all participant request and needs, i.e. hearing impairment, joint mobility issues.
- Starts and ends classes on time.
- Operates all equipment properly and promptly reports any problems.
- Obtains a substitute instructor when needed.
- Mentors, trains and evaluates prospective instructors (as assigned).
- Leads Small Group Training classes (as assigned).
- Leads occasional lectures/presentations/demonstrations for staff (as assigned).
- Must be available to work outside normal business hours (i.e. early mornings, evenings and weekends if needed).
- Complies with Kronos timekeeping policies and procedures.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for our employees and their families:
- Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Employees are eligible for enrollment into the 403(b) match plan day one. LHI matches dollar for dollar up to 6%.
- Employer paid life insurance – equal to 1x salary
- Employee may elect supplemental life insurance with low cost premiums up to 3x salary
- Adoption assistance
- LHI provides its full-time employees employer paid short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan forgiveness
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of LMC to provide equal opportunity of employment for all individuals, and to remain compliant with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. LMC strives to provide a discrimination-free environment, and to recruit, select, on-board, and employ all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to, lactation. LMC endeavors to upgrade and promote employees from within the hospital where possible and consistent with the employee's desires and abilities and the hospital's needs.
Apply on company website