Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Hospitals to Work for in the U.S., the heart of LMC is our 508-bed modern state-of-the-art facility. Winning the prestigious, "Summit Award" from Press Ganey for outstanding patient satisfaction, "Consumer Choice Award" from the National Research Corporation, all contributing to our reputation for giving our patients the highest quality care. Lexington Medical Center was voted one of South Carolina's “Best Places to Work” for 2019!
We are located in heart of the Midlands, right outside of Columbia, SC, and one of the most successful integrated healthcare systems in the Southeast. As the third largest employer in the Midlands, we invite you to be a part of our ongoing success and join our LMC Family.Job Summary
Serves as a liaison between patients and families and the organization in the facilitating or negotiating of positive outcomes and solutions to needs or concerns. Responds to the patient, family, staff and community in determining and providing for the needs of patients. Provides information/serves as a resource for Advance Directives and patient rights/responsibilities.Minimum Qualifications
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2 Years of working experience in complaint management
Substitutable Education & Experience: None.
Required Certifications/Licensure: Depending on department needs, may be required to obtain necessary Basic Life Support (BLS) and Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) within 90 days of hire.
Required Training: Excellent computer skills
- Demonstrates appropriate communication of information to all ages and populations and responds to all customers/patients requests and needs, i.e. hard of hearing, difficulty walking, small children etc.
- Assists patients to various departments as needed by giving directions, escorting them either ambulatory or via wheelchair.
- Interviews patients (or their authorized representatives) to obtain demographic information for input into LMC's Electronic Health Record (EHR). Responsible for having a complete understanding and working knowledge of how to accurately register patients in LMC's EHR.
- Serves as a resource to listen to patient's/families compliments and complaints. Researches complaints/concerns regarding quality and or delivery of care and services related to patient care to promote optimum care and satisfaction.
- Answers and provides accurate information when answering phone calls.
- Directs in-coming callers properly when Call Center is unavailable.
- Documents referred calls from LMC's Action-line regarding complaints and follow-up for complaint management.
- Utilizes the service recovery process to resolve complaints (GIFT)
- Explains policies and procedures to patients, families and visitors regarding the patient flow through the Emergency Department.
- Provides emotional support and guidance to patients and their families.
- Assists in contacting Pastoral Care.
- Provides directions and escort family members to other areas of the hospital.
- Provides temporary oversight of children as needed.
- Provides direction to other facilities as necessary.
- Relays patient's comments and concerns regarding patients' condition, i.e. cardiac concerns, difficulty breathing etc. in a timely manner.
- Assists and/or arranges interpreter services for patients and families. Acquires adaptive devices when needed/requested.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Works alongside ED Call Center to serve as a liaison between patients and families and the organization.
- Stays knowledgeable of various LMC departments, satellites offices and other agencies.
- Maintains a positive and professional image and exhibits excellent customer service to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers. Shows courtesy, compassion and respect and continuously adheres to the Service Expectations Policy.
- Provides information regarding Health Care Power of Attorney (HCPOA) and Living Will.
- Attends professional training classes to maintain LMC / CMS guidelines.
- Acquires certifications pertinent to departmental needs.
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for our employees and their families:
- Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Eligible employees may also enroll in LMC's retirement plans on their date of hire, including the South Carolina State Retirement System (SCRS)
- Supplemental 401(k)
- 457(b) retirement plans
- Free life insurance – equal to 1x salary
- Adoption assistance
- 401(K) Match – LMC matches dollar for dollar up to 6%
- LMC provides its full-time employees short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment
- 529 College Savings
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan forgiveness
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of LMC to provide equal opportunity of employment for all individuals, and to remain compliant with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. LMC strives to provide a discrimination-free environment, and to recruit, select, on-board, and employ all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to, lactation. LMC endeavors to upgrade and promote employees from within the hospital where possible and consistent with the employee's desires and abilities and the hospital's needs.
Apply on company website