Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Sun - Thurs - 10:00 pm - 6:30 am
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Hospitals to Work for in the U.S., the heart of LMC is our 508-bed modern state-of-the-art facility. Winning the prestigious, "Summit Award" from Press Ganey for outstanding patient satisfaction, "Consumer Choice Award" from the National Research Corporation, all contributing to our reputation for giving our patients the highest quality care. Lexington Medical Center was voted one of South Carolina's “Best Places to Work” for 2019!
We are located in heart of the Midlands, right outside of Columbia, SC, and one of the most successful integrated healthcare systems in the Southeast. As the third largest employer in the Midlands, we invite you to be a part of our ongoing success and join our LMC Family.Job Summary
Performs magnetic resonance imaging scans of selected portions of the anatomy as requested by the clinician.
•Minimum Education: Graduate of an AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology or Completion of an MRI program
•Minimum Years of Experience: 1 Year of previous work experience in Radiology Technology or MRI
•Substitutable Education & Experience: None
•Required Certifications/Licensure: Currently has CPR certification or must obtain within 90 days of hire; ARRT of an AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology or MRI; MRI Certification or required within 1 year from hire date.
•Required Training: Proficiency in venipuncture; Will undertake a 3 to 6 month training period to become familiar with the equipment and departmental procedures.
- Demonstrates competence to provide developmentally appropriate care/treatment for the following patient population:
- Infant (Birth to 1 year)
- Child (1 year through 12 years)
- Adolescent (13 years through 17 years)
- Adult (18 years to 65 years)
- Geriatric (Over 65 years)
- Performs detailed safety screening of all patients with regards to metallic foreign bodies, implants and or medical devices and obtains a signed MRI patient screening form when possible.
- Checks EMR on all patients for correct order, contraindications and other precautions.
- Prepares patients for MRI procedures. Uses universal precautions on all patients.
- Informs the patients of the process to be followed in performing the exam.
- Observes condition of patients while in the MRI Department and contacts appropriate personnel when necessary.
- Recognize emergency patient conditions and takes appropriate measures.
- Provides pertinent information to radiologist, which will contribute to plan of care.
- Positions patients appropriately on MRI table utilizing proper imaging equipment (MRI coils, MRI conditional monitoring equipment).
- Provides hearing protection for everyone in the MRI exam room (patient, family member, CRNA, etc.)
- Maintains cleanliness of MRI Department and equipment. Uses proper cleaning technique, disposes of contaminated needles properly and maintains adequate stock of linen and supplies.
- Assists with patient transport whenever necessary.
- Performs optimum quality MRI scans according to radiologist's protocols.
- Makes appropriate decisions based on judgment within the scope of their ability on technical or patient related problems and notifies the appropriate personnel.
- Assist in quality control of the equipment by contacting the appropriate personnel and notifies the department supervisor as necessary.
- Electronically sends images to the appropriate destination including PACS.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by authorized personnel or as required in an emergency. e.g., fire or disaster.
- Responsible for being on call, working weekends, working alternate shifts and working holidays on a rotating basis or as needed basis.
- Proficient in starting IV's and injecting contrast for certain procedures.
- Practices and implements good service excellence at all times. Be caring and genuinely concerned for patients. Be patient and try to relieve some of the anxiety patients have during an MRI procedure.
- Ability to monitor and teach MRI students
- Assist radiologists with biopsies, and specialty procedures requiring aseptic techniques.
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for our employees and their families:
- Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Eligible employees may also enroll in LMC's retirement plans on their date of hire, including the South Carolina State Retirement System (SCRS)
- Supplemental 401(k)
- 457(b) retirement plans
- Free life insurance – equal to 1x salary
- Adoption assistance
- 401(K) Match – LMC matches dollar for dollar up to 6%
- LMC provides its full-time employees short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment
- 529 College Savings
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan forgiveness
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of LMC to provide equal opportunity of employment for all individuals, and to remain compliant with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. LMC strives to provide a discrimination-free environment, and to recruit, select, on-board, and employ all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to, lactation. LMC endeavors to upgrade and promote employees from within the hospital where possible and consistent with the employee's desires and abilities and the hospital's needs.
Apply on company website