Lexington Pediatrics Practice
8a - 5p, rotating Sat
Voted one of South Carolina's “Best Places to Work” for 2019, the Lexington Medical Center Physician Network includes more than 450 physicians and advanced practice providers at 75 locations across the Midlands.
From general medicine and orthopedics to oncology and neurosurgery, these dedicated physicians, specialists and surgeons combine the highest quality care with advanced medicine and state-of-the-art technology to help patients achieve the best possible outcomes. As the third largest employer in the Midlands, we invite you to be a part of our ongoing success and join our LMC Family.
Member of the patient care team. Provides direct and indirect patient care under the direction of a Provider. Provides patient support as directed for a variety of activities including but not limited to: patient intake at office visit, documentation, vaccine and medication administration, clerical, environmental, and organizational tasks. Assists with appointment scheduling and maintaining medical record documentation in EPIC EHR system as required. Serves as a provider's scribe as needed.Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum Years of Experience: None
- Substitutable Education & Experience: None
- Required Certifications/Licensure: Current Basic Life Support certification (BLS) - or may be obtained within 90 days of hire date; Required to currently hold an active certification or registry in Medical Assisting with one of the following National Organizations: American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) (CMA); National HealthCareer Association (NHA) (CCMA); American Medical Technologists (AMT) (RMA); National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP) (NRCMA); National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) (NCMA).
- Required Training: Successful completion of the basic LMC competency assessment for MOTs within probationary period or any extension thereof; Completion of at least one of the following required: An ABHES or CAAHEP accredited Medical Assistant program; Intermediate EMT or Paramedic Program; Structured military training which is clinical in nature per DD214; LMC's Medical Assistant Training program to include an LMC approved Medication Administration training course.
- Works in a cooperative manner that is consistent with LMC's Service Expectations policy.
- Participates in activities related to patient care
- Records patient data and observations relevant to patients needs and in accordance with credentials
- Provides safety measures in accordance with office standards
- Recognizes need for safety measures and takes appropriate action to prevent injury
- Demonstrates ability to provide a comfortable environment of care in accordance with office standards.
- Prepares patient for departure by reinforcing patient instructions and patient education
- Manages medications according to LMC policy, procedures and within scope of practice for credential
- Enters pertinent information into Epic.
- Verifies that all information in the patient chart is correctly entered and associated; and initiates appropriate action when necessary (lab labels, lab requisition, visit summary, etc.).
- Schedules physician appointments, requests copies of the medical record (when indicated) and arrange for patient referral as requested.
- Demonstrates knowledge and effective use of medical terminology.
- Maintains established stock levels of clerical supplies.
- Restocks and /or orders supplies.
- Removes outdated forms or supplies
- Functions as a Clinical Scribe as needed: While functioning in the Scribe role the Clinical-Scribe must adhere to LMC's policy and procedures for scribes
- Abides by LMC's Code of Conduct, accepts work assignments readily, and adheres to dress code and maintains personal hygiene and cleanliness appropriate to contact with patients, visitors and coworkers, supports and participates actively in change processes/performance improvement activities by willingly adopting new methods.
- Uses time and supplies/equipment in an efficient and effective manner.
- Demonstrates ability to coordinate multiple tasks.
- Completes assigned tasks within specified time frame
- Prioritizes workload to best meet both patient and provider needs.
- Appropriately accounts for supplies and equipment.
- Restocks rooms with supplies needed for patient care
- Identifies product needs and reports to the appropriate person
- Assists in performing and documenting environmental checks as required by LMC policy and regulatory agencies.
- Willing to orient and train new employees as asked
- Effectively uses electronic, verbal, non-verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in a clear and concise manner to ensure appropriate understanding and response and demonstrates open communication with co-workers.
- Maintains required certifications, completes yearly safety training and mandatory classes and clinical competencies assessments, and complies with annual employee health requirements
- Performs all other duties as assigned
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for our employees and their families:
- Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Eligible employees may also enroll in LMC's retirement plans on their date of hire, including the South Carolina State Retirement System (SCRS)
- Supplemental 401(k)
- 457(b) retirement plans
- Free life insurance – equal to 1x salary
- Adoption assistance
- 401(K) Match – LMC matches dollar for dollar up to 6%
- LMC provides its full-time employees short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment
- 529 College Savings
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan forgiveness
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of LMC to provide equal opportunity of employment for all individuals, and to remain compliant with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. LMC strives to provide a discrimination-free environment, and to recruit, select, on-board, and employ all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to, lactation. LMC endeavors to upgrade and promote employees from within the hospital where possible and consistent with the employee's desires and abilities and the hospital's needs.
Apply on company website