6:00 AM - 4:00 PM, weekend rotation
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Hospitals to Work for in the U.S., the heart of LMC is our 508-bed modern state-of-the-art facility. Winning the prestigious, "Summit Award" from Press Ganey for outstanding patient satisfaction, "Consumer Choice Award" from the National Research Corporation, all contributing to our reputation for giving our patients the highest quality care. Lexington Medical Center was voted one of South Carolina's “Best Places to Work” for 2019!
We are located in heart of the Midlands, right outside of Columbia, SC, and one of the most successful integrated healthcare systems in the Southeast. As the third largest employer in the Midlands, we invite you to be a part of our ongoing success and join our LMC Family.Job Summary
The Nutrition Associate performs a variety of food preparation duties such as preparing foods, as well as maintaining and cleaning kitchen work areas, equipment, and utensils. Serves food to patients, staff, and visitors. Areas of coverage vary depending location assigned, and roles include assisting with retail functions, patient room service, catering, and utility sanitation.Minimum Qualifications
Minimum Education: None.
Minimum Years of Experience: None.
Substitutable Education & Experience: None.
Required Certifications/Licensure: None.
Required Training: Strong work ethic and desire to provide outstanding customer service;
Ability to understand and follow both written and oral instructions;
Knowledge of and ability to solve simple mathematical problems;
Must be able to handle a fast paced, diverse work environment with high expectations;
Must anticipate guests needs and be able to handle potential problems that may arise in a satisfactory manner;
Professional attitude and tact.
- Responsibilities will vary depending on job assignments and skill set needed to complete assigned task.
- Demonstrates appropriate communication of information to all age and respond to all customer/patients requests and needs, i.e., hard of hearing, etc.
- Demonstrates appropriate communication skills by following the chain of command: Supervisor, Manager and Director etc.
- Employs the proper sanitary procedures required in the preparation and serving of all food items for the cafeterias and all others areas.
- Completes daily cleaning duties to maintain a sanitary and safe working environment. Ensures that all trash is disposed of properly.
- Wear proper uniform and all necessary safety apparel as specified by department policy.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and diverse department as a team player.
- Maintain an optimistic and professional image and excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and coworkers. Shows courtesy, compassion, and respect. Conforms to Service Excellence policy and Departmental policies.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Prepares dishmachines for use.
- Maintains dishroom during meal periods.
- Delivers and picks up patient tray carts from patient units, noting times on appropriate form. Helps in the cleanup of carts.
- Keeps pot sink organized and in order.
- Cleans floors, equipment, walls, etc.
- Maintains an optimistic and professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and coworkers. Shows courtesy, compassion, and respect. Conforms to Service Excellence Policy and Departmental policies.
- Demonstrates appropriate communication of information to all ages and responds to all customers/patients requests and needs, i.e., hard of hearing, etc.
- Operates cash register during meal hours.
- Totals and verifies all money, adhering to cash handler's agreement.
- Supplies and maintains accurate levels of products in cafeteria.
- Prepares and gather all food items, setup and work on the cafeteria line, grill and deli, serve customers quickly and courteously.
- Responsibilities can range from expediting (checking) patient trays to starting patient trays, prepping food for patients, assembling trays, delivering patient trays, and so on.
- May be asked to work interdepartmentally depending on needs of the department.
- Organizes, prepares, delivers and breakdown all hospital catered functions. Must be an excellent champion of Service Expectations policy.
- Maintains records of all functions to include number served, amount of food prepared/used, and other supplies used.
- Employs proper sanitary procedures to prepare, assemble, and deliver catered meals.
- May assist interdepartmentally if catering is slow.
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for our employees and their families:
- Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Eligible employees may also enroll in LMC's retirement plans on their date of hire, including the South Carolina State Retirement System (SCRS)
- Supplemental 401(k)
- 457(b) retirement plans
- Free life insurance – equal to 1x salary
- Adoption assistance
- 401(K) Match – LMC matches dollar for dollar up to 6%
- LMC provides its full-time employees short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment
- 529 College Savings
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan forgiveness
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of LMC to provide equal opportunity of employment for all individuals, and to remain compliant with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. LMC strives to provide a discrimination-free environment, and to recruit, select, on-board, and employ all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to, lactation. LMC endeavors to upgrade and promote employees from within the hospital where possible and consistent with the employee's desires and abilities and the hospital's needs.
Apply on company website