Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Hospitals to Work for in the U.S., the heart of LMC is our 508-bed modern state-of-the-art facility. Winning the prestigious, "Summit Award" from Press Ganey for outstanding patient satisfaction, "Consumer Choice Award" from the National Research Corporation, all contributing to our reputation for giving our patients the highest quality care. Lexington Medical Center was voted one of South Carolina's “Best Places to Work” for 2019!
We are located in heart of the Midlands, right outside of Columbia, SC, and one of the most successful integrated healthcare systems in the Southeast. As the third largest employer in the Midlands, we invite you to be a part of our ongoing success and join our LMC Family.Job Summary
A radiologic technologist, works directly under their Radiology Supervisor and indirectly under the supervision of a radiologist. The radiology technician is responsible for operating X-ray and fluoroscopy equipment in obtaining radiologic images, which are used by the physician to determine diagnosis for their patient. The information gained from these images will also be used to help with developing a treatment plan.Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum Education: Satisfactory completion of an AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology
- Minimum Years of Experience: None
- Substitutable Education & Experience: None
- Required Certifications/Licensure: Current certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists; Current South Carolina Radiation Quality Standards Association license; Current CPR certification
- Required Training: None
- Demonstrates competence to provide developmentally appropriate care/treatment for the following patient population:
- Infant (Birth to 1 year)
- Child (1 year through 12 years)
- Adolescent (13 years through 17 years)
- Adult (18 years to 65 years)
- Geriatric (over 65 years)
- Apply knowledge of the principles of radiation protection for the patient , self, and others.
- Apply knowledge of anatomy, positioning and radiographic techniques to accurately demonstrate anatomical structures on a radiograph.
- Determine exposure factors to achieve optimum radiographic technique with a minimum of radiation exposure to the patient.
- Examine CR or DR images for the purpose of evaluating techniques, positioning and other pertinent technical qualities.
- Exercise discretion and judgment in the performance of medical imaging procedures
- Provide patient care essential to radiologic procedures.
- Recognize emergency patient conditions and initiate lifesaving first aid.
- Apply knowledge of PACS to provide quality images for interpretation
- Maintains cleanliness of radiographic room to which assigned, ensure that equipment, lead aprons, gloves, etc. are in usable condition and that work area is properly stocked with linens, emergency and other supplies.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by authorized personnel or as required in an emergency, e.i., fire or disaster.
- Demonstrate good public relations and service excellence at all times.
- Follows HIPPA Guidelines
- Serves and protects the hospital community by ensuring adherence to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and DNV on Accreditation of
- Healthcare Organizations (DNV) standards.
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for our employees and their families:
- Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Eligible employees may also enroll in LMC's retirement plans on their date of hire, including the South Carolina State Retirement System (SCRS)
- Supplemental 401(k)
- 457(b) retirement plans
- Free life insurance – equal to 1x salary
- Adoption assistance
- 401(K) Match – LMC matches dollar for dollar up to 6%
- LMC provides its full-time employees short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment
- 529 College Savings
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan forgiveness
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of LMC to provide equal opportunity of employment for all individuals, and to remain compliant with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. LMC strives to provide a discrimination-free environment, and to recruit, select, on-board, and employ all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to, lactation. LMC endeavors to upgrade and promote employees from within the hospital where possible and consistent with the employee's desires and abilities and the hospital's needs.
Apply on company website