Full Time - Hours
Sign On Bonus: $5,000
Consistently named best hospital, Lexington Medical Center dedicates itself to providing quality health services that meet the needs of its communities. Ranked #2 in the state and #1 in the Columbia metro area by U.S. News & World Report, Lexington Medical Center is the only hospital named one of the Best Places to Work in South Carolina.
The 557-bed hospital anchors a health care network that includes five community medical centers and employs nearly 8,000 health care professionals. The network includes a cardiovascular program recognized by the American College of Cardiology as South Carolina's first HeartCARE CenterTM and an accredited Cancer Center of Excellence affiliated with MUSC Hollings Cancer Center for research and education. The network also features an occupational health center, the largest skilled nursing facility in the Carolinas, an Alzheimer's care center and more than 70 physician practices.Job Summary
Coordinate the loading, validation and maintenance of payer reimbursement rates in hospital electronic health record (EHR) System (Currently EPIC HB and EPIC PB). Coordinate and assist with the timely administration all functions related to the Managed Care & Payer Relations Department's contract management system (Payment Integrity Compass) and provide reports and analytical support related to managed care reimbursement as needed.Minimum Qualifications
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Science, Business, or related field
Minimum Years of Experience: 3 years of experience in managed care finance
Substitutable Education & Experience (Optional): Consideration will be given to candidates with an Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Management Science, Business, or related field and 5 years of experience in managed care finance or candidates with a High School Diploma and 8 years of experience in Managed Care Finance
Required Certifications/Licensure: Epic Resolute PB and HB certification required or must obtain both within 18 months of hire
Required Training: Working knowledge of managed care reimbursement methodologies (i.e. DRG, per diem, fee schedule, APC);
Working knowledge of billing/coding terminology (i.e. ICD-10, CPT, Revenue codes);
Procedural knowledge of hospital and physician practice accounts receivable management;
Working knowledge of PC-ad hoc report writers and query language
- Maintain data files of all payer reimbursement rates and rules on hospital shared drives
- Coordinate and interact with Information Services to load and maintain payer reimbursement rates and rules to hospital EHR Systems (currently EPIC) for all hospital, ancillary and physician network services.
- Validate and ensure complete accuracy of the load and set up of all payer reimbursement rates to hospital EHR Systems
- Develop and implement strategy to resolve problems or limitations to EPIC payer reimbursement rate set up with Information Services and/or hospital EHR Systems vendor.
- Function as a primary resource for questions related to payer reimbursement rates and rules for all hospital, ancillary and physician network services.
- Develop Policies and Procedures to support system payer reimbursement rate implementations and workflows driven by these.
- Collaborate with end users, business areas, IT, vendors and leadership to develop, elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate system processes based on payer reimbursement rate information.
- Provide ongoing user support and training, when applicable, paying keen attention to user needs and opportunities to offer solutions and modify processes to improve related efficiencies.
- Assist Manager and Director in contract modeling and analysis of proposed reimbursement rates and other financial terms.
- Conduct service line managed care reimbursement analysis as requested by Management.
- Develop and maintain weekly, monthly and ad hoc financial performance reports as needed from both EPIC and Department's contract management system.
- Function as a team lead regarding maintenance of all payer reimbursement rates within Department's contract management system and all workflows, financial models and reports based on these.
- ther duties as assigned.
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for our employees and their families:
- Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Employees are eligible for enrollment into the 403(b) match plan day one. LHI matches dollar for dollar up to 6%.
- Employer paid life insurance – equal to 1x salary
- Employee may elect supplemental life insurance with low cost premiums up to 3x salary
- Adoption assistance
- LHI provides its full-time employees employer paid short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan forgiveness
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of LMC to provide equal opportunity of employment for all individuals, and to remain compliant with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. LMC strives to provide a discrimination-free environment, and to recruit, select, on-board, and employ all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to, lactation. LMC endeavors to upgrade and promote employees from within the hospital where possible and consistent with the employee's desires and abilities and the hospital's needs.
Apply on company website