Reports to the principal. Responsible for the planning, implementation, delivery and evaluation of a comprehensive unit based health program in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
Coordinate, manage and maintain a unit based health and wellness program to reduce health risk, medical costs and encourage healthy lifestyles for offenders and staff.
- Develop, plan, market and implement monthly health and wellness activities and communications on the unit with appropriate approval.
- Create, organize, guide and operate the complete health and wellness program for both offenders and staff participation; formulate functional training plans, rules and techniques.
- Prepare schedules and coordinate daily activities for offenders; ensure sign in sheets are available for attendance and accountability purposes.
- Collaborate with all facility departments for inclusion into health and wellness events, programs, or projects.
- Gather and compile data to measure success of the unit's health and wellness program. Prepare reports daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly or as required for contractual compliance.
- Assist with the purchasing, storage, use and care of all health and wellness communication, supplies, equipment, and materials.
- Communicate ideas and instructions clearly and concisely; interpret and apply rules, regulations and procedures appropriately, and communicate well with various types of behaviors.
- Maintain confidentiality and perform duties in a professional and ethical manner.
- Regular and predictable attendance required.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High School diploma from an accredited high school or GED required. Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or by the United States Department of Education (USDE).Major course work in a Health Science, Kinesiology, or related field preferred. Each year of experience as described below in excess of the required (3) years may be substituted thirty (30) semester hours from an accredited college or university on a year-for-year basis. Three (3) years full-time, wage-earning experience in health and wellness, criminal justice, correctional custody, education or technical program support.
Post Hire Requirements:Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by Texas Department of Criminal Justice.
Job Posting Closes on March 22, 2020.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website