We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleConsultant - Senior Product Designer (UI/UX)Mastercard is a technology company in the global payments business. We connect consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses worldwide and enable them to use secure and convenient electronic forms of payment.
Join the industry's most passionate, motivated and engaged global team - Our employees are encouraged to drive innovation every day in support of a more connected world – A World Beyond Cash.
Mastercard is looking for brilliant and passionate Designers to join its customer facing global R&D / innovation services team – Labs as a Service. As a Senior Product Designer, you will champion the exploration of new concepts. In this capacity, you'll work with a team to understand the clients challenges, collect and interpret relevant concepts, develop insights, explore and define opportunities, define design strategy, create tangible design expressions, communicate the vision, and ultimately help our clients get new products to market.
You will have opportunities to take the lead and work with our clients, build a trusting relationship, and foster a creative and productive environment for the team. Your experience and skills contribute to the development of Mastercard business by elevating new client conversations and developing existing relationships.
Once here you will:
• Join Mastercard Labs as a Service the customer facing global R&D/ innovation services team
• Partner with a diverse group of world-class designers, developers, innovation managers to create new and evolve product concepts, services, and experiences to promote positive impact for our clients
• Collaborate with clients to understand their business challenges and opportunities and to help identify and prioritize their near- and long-term goals into a prototype
• Demonstrated fluency with applying a human-centered design process in business including seeking outside inspiration, building to think, and balancing constraints
• Collaborate to design strategic product prototypes to help companies support new offers and drive innovation
Who are you?
• Minimum of 5+ years experience in the digital product design field.
• Experience participating in / facilitating design research, design sprints & ideation sessions.
• Strong design point-of-view and comfort developing challenging concepts themes.
• Ability to turn conceptual and abstract thinking into tangible product design solutions.
• Ability to communicate ideas and design decisions effectively.
• Craftsperson, strong skills, and experience in Sketch & Figma and design prototyping tools.
• Experience working from and contributing to established design systems/design language.
• Experience working hands-on with engineers and product managers in a fast-paced environment.
Travel: Semi-regular International travel may be expected when restrictions are lifted.
Work Location: St. Leonards, Sydney
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website