We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleManager Database EngineeringDirector Database Engineering
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Mastercard Database Engineering team provides world-class support and expertise to all Mastercard's database environments with a goal to deliver secure, scalable, performant, resilient infrastructure and software for global solutions. The Director Database Engineering would lead a team to help drive the future direction of specific database platforms and architecture designs within Mastercard.
The ideal candidate has a passion for database technologies and the customer experience journey. The candidate would be a team leader, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
In this Manager position, you will:
• Lead and grow a multi-discipline diverse global team developing strategic direction and reviewing emerging database trends.
• Be responsible for helping to drive innovation and be a key contributor in the planning process.
• Driving out efficiency throughout various database processes.
• Be an escalation point for difficult issues within the database technologies and related infrastructure components.
• Work closely with teams outside of Database Engineering for proper deployment of standards, roadmaps and needed capabilities.
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should have:
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information systems or equivalent experience.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills with all levels of an organization.
• Proven ability to lead/build a team through transformation or significant/complex implementation efforts
• Strong working knowledge of database technologies.
• Experience managing a globally diverse team.
• Knowledge of supporting infrastructure components including servers, storage, and networking a plus.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website