We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleDirector, Software Engineering, CryptoCipherTrace, a Mastercard company, is a rapidly growing leader in cryptocurrency intelligence and compliance. Our team has introduced novel solutions to challenges including sanctions compliance for DeFi and the Crypto Travel Rule. Our mission is to grow the blockchain economy by making crypto safe for users and trusted by governments. CipherTrace operates on a global scale to assist banks, cryptocurrency exchanges, law enforcement agencies, regulators, VASPs and businesses in preventing fraud, human trafficking, money laundering, and other illicit activity where cryptocurrency is involved.
The CipherTrace Director, Software Engineering- Crypto will:
● Build the next generation cryptocurrency tools and DeFi platforms.
● Plan and execute long term strategies related to data strategy and deployment.
● Discuss data architecture and product decisions across the engineering teams.
● Develop core product KPIs.
● Contribute to roadmap strategy and product feature requirements across teams.
● Advise on analytical tooling and expertise in data mining, science, visualization, language processing
● Evaluate, select, and manage vendor relationships and performance.
The ideal candidate should be a passionate, self-motivated, team player with experience working in a quickly evolving environment and who has a willingness to work and learn in a collaborative organization.
To be successful, you should have experience in the following areas:
● Expertise building enterprise applications and providing technical leadership.
● Collaborate with various functions, drive engineering initiatives.
● Managed and developed a team of engineers with crypto related data objectives.
● Defining and implementing data strategies and developing analytics organizations.
● Translating and directing data into insights to inform actions and strategy.
● Advanced communication skills with the ability to tell data driven stories.
● Developing statistical models and proficient data warehousing architectures.
● Greenfield and Brownfield data engineering projects.
● Blockchain technologies, DeFi, law enforcement software, or cryptocurrencies.
● Remote teams and startup environments.
● Strong English communication skills (both spoken and written).
In many locations, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website