We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleInfrastructure EngineerWho are We?
SessionM, a Mastercard Company, is a customer engagement platform empowering the world's most innovative brands to forge stronger and more profitable customer relationships. The platform scales for the enterprise, globally. SessionM is headquartered in Boston with offices around the globe.
Who you will work with?
As part of this role, you will work closely with architects, software engineers and operations to design, build, and deploy automation that manages our development, test and production environments. You will build and maintain tools to ensure our applications meet our stringent SLA's in a fast paced culture with a passion to learn and contribute. We are looking for a strong engineer with a can do attitude and a passion to solve problems.
What do you get to do everyday?
● Design and contribute to infrastructure improvements and architecture
● Contribute to the automation frameworks that manage our environments across our global distributed platform
● Standardize, develop and maintain common development tools and infrastructure, such as CI/CD pipelines, monitoring, cluster management, config management, etc.
● Collaborate and mentor engineering teams on how to use our automation tools and APIs
● Partner with engineering teams to identify and implement infrastructure improvements to better support our customers
● Write code and contribute to the software automation for highly concurrent, high-throughput system on the AWS
● Participate in an environment that emphasizes trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort
● Assist the development team in implementing best practices for cloud infrastructure
● Assist with organization wide security considerations
● Assist with capacity planning and load testing of our applications
● Continue to automate (Infrastructure as code) the deployment of our platform and all the systems it depends on
What kind of person are we looking for?
● Ability to influence others, build relationships, manage conflicts, handle negotiations, and have fun!
● Ability to handle pressure and focus on results
● Excellent attention to detail
● Ability to make data driven decisions
● Excellent organization, time management, problem-solving, and analytical skills
What skills do you need?
● Minimum of 3 years of experience with a strong background in Linux and AWS or other cloud providers
● Ability to develop utilities in Ruby, Python, or similar.
● Experience developing infrastructure as code, such as Terraform or Cloudformation
● Experience writing configuration management using either Puppet, Chef, or an equivalent
● Experience with monitoring tools such as Cloudwatch, Datadog, SignalFX or an equivalent
● Experience administering databases, such as MySQL, MS SQL, and Cassandra
● Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, ECS or EKS - a Big Plus!
● Knowledge with technologies such as Hadoop, Rabbitmq - a Big Plus!
● Experience with continuous integration/delivery tools like Jenkins or Gitlab - a Big Plus!
What can you expect from us?
● A unique, supportive, and flexible work environment
● Challenges related to working in a fast-paced, growing environment
● Confidence to take risks when we see potential
● A management team that empowers people
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website