We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleLead Data EngineerLead Data Engineer
SessionM, a Mastercard Company, is a customer engagement platform empowering global brands to forge stronger and more profitable customer relationships. We partner with brands to drive marketing transformation through innovative technology and services. We are headquartered in Boston with offices around the world.
About the Team
The mission of the Data Engineering team is to provide users and company clients an environment populated reliably and in a timely manner with operational and customer data.
We are a team of data and software engineering enthusiasts who have good relationships among ourselves. Our work is far from monotony and it gives you quite some number of opportunities to gain more knowledge and expertise. As a platform team, inherent part of our work is not only to deliver but also to explore and test new technologies and foresee new trends in data processing and data engineering.
• Design, develop, and support Data infrastructure
• Create solutions to enable diagnostic and predictive analytics capabilities
• Develop data processing components for our suite of large data platforms
• Partner with stakeholders to get feedback and iterate upon the Data Ecosystem development
• Be curious about trends and emerging technologies in the Data space, participate in user communities, and share what you learn with your teammates
• Mentor junior members of the team
Experience We're Looking For:
• Familiarity with developing data processing solutions and data applications.
• Python, SQL, and experience with a strongly typed object-oriented language (e.g. C#, Java, …)
• Problem solving in a fast-paced, globally distributed environment
• Distributed data processing platform (Spark/Databricks/MapReduce)
• Knowledge and hands-on experience with AWS services, namely with those which are related to data engineering/ data management:
o Amazon Glue
o AWS Athena/Presto
• Strong communication skills, including the ability to work with stakeholders to understand and refine requirements
• Knowledge and experience of massive parallel computing engines like Redshift, Snowflake, Teradata etc. is a big plus
• Minimum of 6 years working in data processing is requested
What is in it for You
• A unique, supportive, and flexible work environment
• Challenges related to working in a fast-paced, growing environment
• Confidence to take risks when we see potential
• Supportive, flexible work environment and a management team that empowers people
• 25 days of holidays, home office
• Work in a fast-paced, growing environment
• Multisport card to access sports facilities
• Education allowance
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website