We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleLead Security Analyst (Palo Alto)Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments sector. We power payments and provide products and services for individuals and industries all around the world. Our people, technology, data and brand provide the capabilities that drive our success. We believe in connecting people to priceless possibilities.
As a company, we know that our success is driven by the skills, experience, integrity and mindset of the talent we hire. By building an inclusive, world-class culture, our employees have once-in-a-career opportunities to be a part of teams that have a greater impact on our community and our world. We invite you to join our team to find out how you too can start something priceless.
The Emerging Corporate Security Solutions organization provides a suite of services that will prepare Mastercard to protect its data through the next generation of security foundation and functionality. The Emerging Corporate Security Solutions Implementations (ECSSI) team is looking for a Lead Security Engineer to join us in building and implementing new network security solutions. This role will be responsible for collecting requirements, recommending appropriate technologies, and building out the solution.
Networking gurus live and breathe data transmission and the infrastructure to facilitate it. Security guys obsess over keeping that same data safe and in compliance. We are looking for a network security Rockstar who does both. This person leverages their technical networking expertise combined with their unwavering commitment to security to recommend solutions we should implement, how to configure those solutions, and how to operationalize outputs from those tools into meaningful logging, alerting, monitoring, and response capabilities for our Security Operations Center and support teams. You would be a member of a highly technical team who is responsible for implementing new tools, controls and capabilities to secure our assets.
Mastercard utilizes several network security technologies, but in this role, we are looking for someone specializing in Next Generation Firewall and other emerging solutions.
• Can you demonstrate an advanced working level of knowledge in network and security best practices, tools and solutions?
• Can you demonstrate a good working level of knowledge in network design, management, and troubleshooting?
• Can you demonstrate successful cross-functional influence and partnership to enable business through technical decisions?
• Convert business and functional requirements into technical security policies, configurations, and processes for our internal customers.
• Consult with internal customers to determine security capability gaps/overlaps, opportunities for improvements, and other solution needs.
• Plan and manage a group of related technology projects or activities in a coordinated way from inception through successful delivery.
• Develop a deep understanding of the design approaches and technologies utilized for network security solutions, on-prem and in cloud environments.
• Focus on the customer experience, then build and deliver tools, capabilities, and/or processes to solve problems.
• Understand the needs of the support and technical operations teams who maintain and operate the system for the life of the system and provide solutions that meet their needs.
• Write documentation as required.
• Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner for senior leadership consumption, escalating blocking issues when appropriate.
• Communicate progress, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, identify, assess, track and mitigate issues/risks at multiple levels
All About You:
• Proven experience with Next Generation firewall deployment, configuration, troubleshooting, administration and/or engineering.
• Must have a demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts and DNS
• Building and administering security devices such as network firewall, WAF, web proxy, data loss prevention systems, and intrusion prevention systems.
• Advanced knowledge of security capabilities/tools/solutions and constraints related to network security, including relevant practical experience.
• Expert level understanding of firewalls, threat prevention and detection, and security principles, both on premise and for the cloud.
• Strong technical writing and documentation skills.
• Industry recognized network and/or security certification desired (GIAC, CISSP, etc.)
• Previous experience working in a Security Operations Center, blue team, incident response or similar role a plus.
• Building and administration of remote access solutions and understanding of emerging concepts.
• Network/security vendor certifications preferred (Palo Alto, Cisco, Checkpoint, Trend Micro, etc.).
• A proven track record of transferring knowledge and management of tools to internal customers outside of your immediate team.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills necessary for interaction with business leaders and teams across all levels of the organization.
• Integrating traditional and native network security tools into Cloud Platforms such as AWS and Azure
• Experience with Software Defined Networking concepts and CI/CD tools
• Experience with network monitoring tools and datasets.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website