Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleLead Software Development Engineer-1Overview
Mastercard Payment Gateway Services is a leading supplier of online payment and fraud screening services. We are an innovative and ambitious market leader intent on growing our global presence. We follow the best software development and Agile practices, to deliver successfully, again and again.
As part of our ongoing expansion, we're looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer (8+ years) who is as passionate about software engineering excellence as we are about excellence in financial payments, someone who enjoys creating and delivering successful software platforms in a team of proud and collaborative software engineers.
- Deliver great software as part of software engineering squad
- Be part a team that is responsible for building a global platform that performs at scale serving millions of customers.
- Provide technical leadership to the team to make the right technology implementation decisions, meeting the needs of the business and operational teams.
All About You
- You're experienced in leading the development of a new feature capability from idea to delivery.
- You understand and can design for the end to end dependencies between the software you write and the ecosystem it operates within.
- You bring advanced skills in designing, building, and implementing robust solutions that perform faultlessly at scale, with high availability resilience baked in.
- You have extensive experience using modern software development practices, including test driven development, automated testing, micro-services and continuous delivery.
- Your analytical skills enable you to see around corners to the problems that lie out of sight so that we can overcome them before they bite us.
- You are a self-starter, creative thinker, proactive and enthusiastic; and a team player, as keen on the success of those around you as of your own.
- You're a great communicator and have proven experience in collaborating effectively with business stakeholders.
- You have exceptional attention to detail and time management skills.
- Payments and fintech experience will be well-regarded.
Experience in Technologies
- Strong understanding of architecting and building for high availability, high throughput, low latency.
- Extensive successful experience building mission-critical applications based on Micro services Architecture; distributed systems architecture; RESTful APIs.
- Experience developing software using domain-driven design (DDD) approach
- TDD software development
- Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) supported by Jenkins or similar automation servers
- Proficiency using Generics, Lambda Expressions, and Streams
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented principals
- Your technology acumen is highly regarded; including deep skills in many, perhaps all, of the following technologies:
- Java, XML, JSON, Oracle, Postgres, Cassandra, Elastic
- Practical experience with NoSQL, e.g. Cassandra database technologies
- Experience working with Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
- Distributed systems using Apache Kafka, Apache Zookeeper, Apache Ignite
- Distributed Cache (GemFire, Hazelcast, Memcached, Ignite, Redis)
- Test automation with Cucumber and Selenium
- SQL (Senior level experience)
- Cloud Experience (advantageous):
- Experience building 12-factor apps
- Experience building enterprise grade apps for cloud
- Experience automating build & deployments using Jenkins, Maven & Ant
- Cloud deployed systems in Cloud Foundry
What is it like to work with us?
Within our development teams we encourage pairing, automated testing and continuous delivery, and we do it while mixing in loads of fun. Our teams consist of 8-9 people who work together across technology, product and delivery as an autonomous unit. We believe strongly in continuous learning and personal development, providing access to training and extensive libraries of information. We participate in guilds across the company to keep learning from one another. Your manager acts as a coach to help guide you and your career.
We're committed to creating inclusive, safe environments where anyone, no matter their background, can contribute and succeed.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website