We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleLead Software EngineerOverview
Be part of the Operations & Technology Fraud Products team developing new capabilities for MasterCard's Decision Management Platform, which serves as the core for multiple business solutions to combat fraud and validate cardholder identity. Our patented Java-based platform processes billions of transactions per month in tens of milliseconds using a multi-tiered, message-oriented approach for high performance and availability.
• Would you like to develop industry leading solutions for fighting fraud?
• Are you motivated by speeding business solutions to market?
• Do you want to innovate, using cutting edge technologies on challenging business problems?
• Deliver solutions by providing direct development of software.
• Work closely with technical leads for assigned projects to assist in design and implementation tasks.
• Assist with production support issues by acting as a subject matter expert in resolving incidents and problem tickets.
• Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices.
• Lead day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs) and create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market.
• Accountable for full systems development life cycle including creating high quality requirements documents, use-cases, design and other technical artifacts including but not limited to detailed test strategy/test design, performance benchmarking, release rollout and deployment plans, contingency/back-out plans, feasibility study, cost and time analysis and detailed estimates.
• Participate in PoCs (Proof of Concept) and help the Department with selection of Vendor Solutions, Technologies, Methodologies and Frameworks.
• Collaborate with vendor resources for support of products.
• Conduct brownbag sessions on new and upcoming technologies, methodologies and application appropriate frameworks.
• Provide technical training to the other team members.
• Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
• Mentor and guide other team members during all phases of the SDLC.
• Ensure adequate test coverage in Unit Testing, System Testing/Integration Testing and Performance Testing.
• Perform Quality Inspections and Walkthroughs throughout the SDLC including Requirements Review, Design Review, Code Review and Security Review to ensure compliance with Mastercard and PCI standards.
• Be an integral part of the Agile SAFe discover and elaboration sessions.
All About You
• Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and have the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Deep knowledge of software development processes including agile processes and test driven development.
• Experience with the design and development of complex, multi-tier software solutions.
• Essential Skills required:
○ A wide breadth and depth of technical experience using Java/JEE
○ Strong Linux and shell scripting
○ Oracle & PL/SQL and advanced SQL scripting
○ Extreme Performance or NoSQL Data Storage such as GemFire Object Grid, Terracotta, or Cassandra
○ Spring Framework (including Spring Boot)
○ J2EE Web Application/Web Services (e.g. with JBoss and/or Apache Tomcat)
○ Web Services – REST/XML/JSON
• Desirable Skills:
○ Messaging – MQ and JMS
○ Business rules execution systems (e.g. IBM Operational Decision Manager (ODM - formerly ILOG) or JBoss Drools)
○ Experience integrating vendor and open source products into an overall system
○ Experience working with containerised environments, such as Kubernetes/OpenShift/CloudFoundry
○ Experience with integration frameworks such as Apache Camel/Spring Integration
○ Experience with monitoring service performance
○ Experience with visual design tools (Visio, Confluence Gliffy, etc.)
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website