We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleLeadTechnical Program ManagerOverview
• Responsible for planning, execution, and delivery, from inception to completion, for an existing technology product or program
• Proactively manages the end-to-end delivery of engineering work though the engineering team and all dependent organizations
• Reports on progress, ensuring dependencies are covered
• Operates between teams and architectures overseeing the gaps between teams, processes, and systems, while removing all blocking issues leading to a successful delivery
• Manage the lifecycle for a complex cross functional body of work that has a long term positive impact on the company
• Define and organize the program, outline tenets, analyze data, drive performance improvements, and influence resource allocation for all stages of execution
• Influence dependent organization's roadmaps by contributing to their planning documents and goal setting exercises
• Work across scrum teams and across organizations to deliver on a single product, a key technology area or more broadly, managing larger initiatives that span organizations and geographies in support of a larger cross-cutting business goal
• Drive mindful discussion with business and technical stakeholders that lead to timely decisions
• Collaborate with customers and technology teams to determine what projects move forward in what priority order
• Make smart trade-off decisions balancing efforts, delivery timelines, features, and technical constraints
• Identify and remove blockers and always find the path forward in challenging situations
• Create plans that have a clear path to delivery
• Help your teams organize for delivery while maintaining resources for the greater good of the organization
• Excellent communicator and are comfortable communicating to all levels of the organization both in writing and in person
• Articulate progress against goals, scorecard metrics, and committed roadmaps
• Active participant in the community sharing your Mastercard program management knowledge within your organization and more broadly presenting at both internal and external events
• Work across organizations for ways to align teams, technologies (i.e. the infrastructure used to build/deploy/operate services), and organizations to simple coherent approaches that optimize organizational structures and operating mechanisms
Agile Release Train Engineer (RTE) Experiences:
- Facilitate the coordinated preparation and execution of release planning for the ART. This includes:
- Working with the ART team who prioritizes the features to be considered in the next program increment (PI) planning cycle.
- Facilitating the ART team's refinement of features to be considered in the next PI planning cycle to meet the Feature Definition of Ready.
- Assists the ART in communication and coordination with stakeholders and customers during feature definition and delivery.
- Ensuring effective communication and coordination for and during quarterly planning.
- Managing change to the ART's PI plan and the impacts of those changes.
- Drive cross team, ART, and departmental impediments, planning, collaboration, and coordination.
- Provide regular and open communication across the program and stakeholders for transparency and awareness of progress and impediments.
- Understand, visualize and manage upstream/downstream dependencies.
- Drive delivery and continuous improvement by utilizing feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity.
- Work across stakeholders and teams to continuously improve.
- Ensure the overall cost, schedule, and performance of the program.
- Analyze program budgets and estimates from participating organizations to provide direction for the overall development of all program budgets and integrated cost profiles.
- Manage program level coordination, such as creating timelines, milestones, and cadence of increments and releases and oversee the development of reports and analyses that document program activity.
- Lead project teams and provide and leadership; act as consultant/coach to management in resolving unusually difficult problems.
- Participate with management and cross-functional teams as subject matter expert to develop and improve operating policies and procedures related to Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and be an advocate in adopting Agile and SAFe best practices and processes.
- Act as a galvanizing force for sharing Agile and SAFe knowledge across the organization.
- Constantly refine and stay current with emerging themes in larger Agile community.
- Develop / modify processes, policies, and procedures to facilitate the working relationship between - Global Technology and its business functions / partners.
- Support the configuration of SAFe to the needs of the organization, standardizing and documenting practices.
- Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website