We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleManager, Network EngineeringOverview
• Work with various lines of business in a collaborative effort to ensure all Network assets on the Mastercard network are properly tracked by collecting data on ownership as well as ensuring alignment with the asset lifecycle from deployment through disposal.
• Develops new and modifies existing networks in support of application services.
• Advises the business on priorities for network design and implementation.
• Manages network infrastructure to ensure security, availability, recoverability, performance, integrity, and supportability.
• Manages and maintain Mastercard's network infrastructure including implementing network enhancements and providing production support and maintenance of existing networks
• Monitors network performance to identify areas of concern and implements strategies to improve processes and efficiencies
• Leads day-to-day building, maintaining, and monitoring of networks for all environments (i.e., corporate, production, etc.)
• Assesses Mastercard's network security to ensure effective network safeguard processes are in place and operational networks are running effectively for hosted production systems
• Serves as a point of escalation, resolving problems of diverse scopes where analysis of the situation requires in-depth evaluation and judgement
• Performs and presents complex vendor comparisons and cost studies to support the planning of large scale system projects
• Manages a team, conducts goal setting and performance appraisal processes, mentors and coaches new technical talent within the organization
• Experience leading a major work stream or multiple smaller work streams for a large network domain initiative, often providing technical guidance and advice to ensure consistent deployment of solutions
• Experience setting priorities, objectives, and driving deliverables
• Experience teaming with leaders in the technical community to derive new solutions and drive quality and consistency globally within global network technology domains and sub-domains
• Experience engaging with the broader technical community to anticipate developments in innovation, often evaluating new solutions and business network requirements
• Successfully served as an expert resource or go-to-person for network infrastructure issues or solutions
• Experience building collaborative working relationships with internal and external partners across technology domains
• Experience creating and delivering presentations for internal learning, training events and/or business discussions
• Experience motivating and providing regular feedback to team members; resolves performance issues
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website