Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleManaging Consultant, Credit risk green belt, NAMManaging Consultant, Credit Risk Management Subject Matter Expert (SME), Advisors Delivery, Data & Services (Role can be based in any Mastercard office or most remote locations in the US/Canada )
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
We are looking for passionate and talented professionals who share our vision for data-driven consulting, to join us and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
Make an Impact as a Managing Consultant and Credit Risk Subject Matter Expert
As a Managing Consultant and credit risk subject matter expert, you will develop key client strategies, and lead or advise on credit risk client engagements. You will generate key hypotheses and independently structure credit risk engagements to address client problems. Leading the work of the project Delivery team, you will be a resource to others to identify creative and useful analyses to address client problems, synthesize analyses into clear, sound recommendations, and share findings through impactful storylines and slides. Responsibilities within project management will include building strong relationships with our clients' executives and independently assessing client agenda, internal culture, and relationship risks.
In leading the problem-solving process to drive high-value decisions, you will mentor and coach junior teammates, and contribute to Mastercard's knowledge management initiatives and best practices within credit risk. At Mastercard, you are expected to have a tremendous impact in transforming our clients, while also taking a leading role in shaping the organization's future.
Bring your Passion and Expertise
We recruit for, and value the following core competencies:
• Passion: Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in delivering the highest quality results and recommendations to our clients.
• Subject Matter Expertise: North American go-to person for credit risk, assisting with specialist sales support and product development/refinement as needed, and focused on knowledge sharing and development of team members.
• Problem Solving: Leads definition and development of deliverables to solve client problems, address difficult client situations, and produce actionable recommendations for clients.
• Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem solving and quantitative skills. The ideal candidate will have strong statistical and data analysis skills, including SAS / SQL skills.
• Project Management: Clear interest in project delivery with business clients, and intuition for the way that companies make decisions and how credit risk helps address clients' problems.
• Communication and Presence: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in client-facing situations, positioning Mastercard's solutions as high value solutions in sales and delivery conversations to achieve positive outcomes.
• Teamwork: Creates positive team environment and supports collaboration within small teams to produce outstanding deliverables, with a will to win attitude. As the subject matter expert on project teams, provide on-the-job training on how to more effectively execute credit risk projects.
• Commercial Orientation: Ability to identify strong opportunities to leverage credit risk capabilities, including identification of cross-sell opportunities. Partner with broader Data & Services teammates on contracting activities.
• Integrity: Commitment to Mastercard's values of honesty and integrity with a willingness to embrace and learn from mistakes.
• Diverse Perspective: Brings a unique skillset or approach to the table in every client engagement or internal activity.
• Undergraduate or master's degree in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, or Engineering
• Credit risk management experience, specifically managing credit risk policy and strategies at a North American financial institution
• Proficient SAS/SQL programming skills and advanced spreadsheet skills
• Knowledge and experience using statistical procedures, segmentation, and financial analytic tools is required
• Experience in a consulting organization as a consultant is a bonus
• Experience directly managing multiple people across multiple projects
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
• Demonstrated ability to build trust-based relationships with both mid- and executive-level client contacts
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required, SAS / SQL skills preferred
• Ability to travel up to 50-75% of the time
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of which they are applying for a position in, and must be eligible to apply for travel visas as required by travel needs
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website