We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitlePartnerships ManagerThe Manager, NPP Partnerships is a key contributor and support role in the NPP Partnerships team within the Customer Solutions Group, NPP Centre of Excellence.
NPP Partnerships team directly contributes to the growth of Mastercard's market share and revenue in the new payment flows, by generating and enabling net new business, creating cross-sell and up-sell opportunities, and accelerating speed to revenue for NPP products. The scope covers NPP Infrastructure products (including IPS, MAPS and BPS), NPP Applications (including PbA, PbBa, P2P & BillPay), Send and Open Banking. At a further stage of development, will also include Cross-Border and value add products & services.
The purpose of the Manager, NPP Partnerships role is to support, coordinate and enable the NPP Partnership team's activities including:
- building a framework for collaboration with third party providers
- managing the portfolio of existing and prospective partners and the opportunities pipeline
- tracking, evaluating and reporting the success of the partnership projects
- managing the communication, marketing and training activities
- supporting the team with market research, analysis and strategic coordination and planning.
Manager of NPP Partnerships will assist in the identification, prioritization, development and management of strategic and tactical partnership opportunities that support and contribute to the NPP's and broader Mastercard's sales, market share and revenue growth.
As a part of the NPP Partnerships team this role will cover a wide range of responsibilities and activities i.e.:
- Develop and manage the NPP Partnership frameworks and collaboration models, including partnership objectives and principles, governance model, assessment criteria, rules, best practices, case studies, collateral materials and artefacts
- Lead and manage the engagement with the regional, local and functional teams providing information, training and support on the strategic partnership projects, and guidance on development of collaboration outside of the strategic scope
- Manage the strategic and tactical partnerships development plans and roadmaps
- Coordinate the partnership pipeline planning and development activities, including gathering, assessment and prioritization of potential needs, identifying prospective partner opportunities, coordinating the assessment processes, and translating ideas into actionable plans
- Support the development of strategic partnership opportunities, coordinate and manage inputs into sales pitches and RFIs/RFPs, coordinate the implementation of joint project with partners
- Manage the NPP Partnerships portfolio performance assessment and quarterly business reviews i.e. gather data, analyse and track performance vs plans, produce MIS reports
- Manage, monitor, and keep to date the team's objectives, plans, activity trackers, and pipeline of opportunities using Salesforce, Sharepoint, Teams, Mural and other tools
- Manage the development and ongoing updates of sales support, training and collateral materials
- Manage the partnership documentation exchange, distribution, storage and audits in compliance with key controls and contractual requirements
- Organise, plan, coordinate and support the internal and external meetings, including developing the agenda, content and meeting notes
- Support the development of commercial and pricing frameworks for strategic partnerships
- Contribute to the NPP Partnerships strategy planning and execution and delivery of the team objectives
This role will require collaboration and coordinating across stakeholder groups including Mastercard regional and functional teams to ensure the NPP Partnerships roadmap is aligned with NPP Business and Product objectives, building strong relationships, and leveraging cross-functional resources and assets to deliver on strategic goals.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Expertise:
• Proven business/project/portfolio management experience and skills
• Excellent planning, coordination, prioritization and implementation skills
• Strong communicator and collaborator, able and willing to engage with stakeholders across multiple business areas and levels of seniority to gather information, deliver training and guidance, and share best practices
• Demonstrated experience and skills in gathering information, managing and analysing data, and producing MIS reports
• Strong skills/ proficiency in producing impactful presentations, communication materials and visual reports (strong PowerPoint and Excel skills required)
• Delivery focused and results oriented, with a ‘can-do' and ‘will-do' attitude
• Ability to multitask, adapt to change, and operate under time pressure / in fast pace business environments
• Strong team player and self-starter motivated and able to work under little supervision and contribute to the team success
• Knowledge of the payments industry and products (i.e. ACH, cards, ecommerce, retail payments etc.) would be a plus
• International markets experience would be a plus
A degree in business, marketing or technical subjects.
Relevant business experience (>5 years) of operating in management roles.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website