We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitlePrincipal Data ScientistJob Description
The Data Science team at Ethoca (a Mastercard company) is looking for a Principal Data Scientist. This is a senior level role responsible for developing, deploying, and monitoring Data Science projects involving Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and other AI techniques.
1. Transform business challenges into scientific research problems
2. Develop data-driven solutions to the challenges using appropriate techniques (AI, ML, DL, etc.)
3. Build and execute various data science projects for product and business use cases across the organization (both product and technology).
4. Hands on data extraction, data analysis, data cleaning, preparation, modeling, and evaluation
5. Deploy, document, maintain and monitor the developed solutions
6. Presenting data science results to variety of audience
7. Protect the developed algorithms and solutions by patenting the technology and publish at academic and industrial research conference.
8. Build prototypes and proof-of-concepts and tool evaluations.
9. Knowledge dissemination by presenting work externally at conferences and Universities.
10. Collaborate with internal teams and across the Mastercard teams
11. Participate and review data science solutions developed by the team
12. Mentor and support junior data scientists
All about You
1. Several years of proven experience in developing and deploying Machine learning and Deep learning solutions end-to-end (data exploration to deployment).
2. Several years of prior experience as a senior level data scientist
3. Ability to extract, cleanse and manage structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
4. Deep understanding of different supervised, unsupervised machine learning, Deep learning, and AI algorithms and the math behind it.
5. Experienced in Text Mining, natural language processing, information extraction and retrieval
6. Solid understanding of the fundamentals behind these algorithms
7. Ability to explain complex algorithms and results to variety of audience
8. Handling data responsibly by maintaining data governance, privacy, and ring-fencing standards
9. Ability to handle multiple complex data science initiatives at the same time
10. Having patents (filed/issued) in the past
11. Curious, critical thinker, hacking skills and scientific reasoning
12. Not afraid to ask questions and propose new approaches
Python, R Programming
ML Frameworks (Scikit learn) and Deep Learning Framework (TensorFlow, PyTorch)
SQL, SAP HANA, Hadoop, Snowflake databases
Linux, Azure environment, Azure Machine Learning, Databricks, Apache Spark (PySpark/Scala)
Master's degree is required (PhD is preferrable)
Nice to have
1. In addition to the above, identify new challenges that can be solved using the data.
2. Generate new innovative ideas that can potentially add value to the organization
3. Prior experience in publishing research articles at academic conferences
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website