We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior BizOps EngineerWho is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Business Operations is leading the DevOps transformation at Mastercard through our tooling and by being an advocate for change & standards throughout the development, quality, release, and product organizations. We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
The Platform Services BizOps team is looking for an Sr Engineer (for Messaging Platform) who can help us solve problems in Pub-Sub model, lead Mastercard in DevOps automation and best practices
• Are you a born problem solver who loves to figure out how something works?
• Are you a CI/CD geek who loves all things automation?
• Do you have a low tolerance for manual work and look to automate everything you can?
• Have you ever worked with File Transfer Protocols?
• Have you ever worked with Managed File Transfer Systems?
• Have you have ever supported critical infrastructure for a global company?
• Do you want to be a part of a collaborative environment?
• Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
• Ability to help debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
• We support many different stakeholders. Experience in dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency is needed.
• Analyse ITSM activities of the platform and provide feedback loop to development teams on operational gaps or resiliency concerns
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless post-mortems.
• Take a holistic approach to problem solving, by connecting the dots during a production event thru the various technology stack that makes up the platform, to optimize mean time to recover
• Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones
• Understanding of PCI certification will be added advantage.
All About You
• Interest in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
• We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation.
• Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaboration skills and organizational skills.
• For work on our dev ops team, engineer with experience in industry standard CI/CD tools like Git/BitBucket, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, and Chef.
• Required: UNIX skills, basic Java programming skills
• Good working knowledge of SSL handshake and its topology.
• Added advantage if experience in monitoring tools like splunk/Tivoli/bmc patrol/dynatrace.
• Required: Working knowledge of publisher subscriber model.
• Good to have: Knowledge about rabbit MQ, Zero MQ, JMS, Kafka
• Experience in onboarding of application using messaging platforms.
• Subject matter expert in Messaging solution specifically Knowledge of Apache kafka brokers
• Theoretical knowledge: google Nat's messaging Or apache nifi streaming
• Responsible to lead the technical and functional consultation on the UAT / Pre-Production / production environments.
• Collaborate consultation processes to communicate technical concepts of the platform to the customers and internal teams.
• Responsible to be the application SME and manage the rotational on-call with ITIL practices
• Responsible to keep all environments in sync with each other along with latest stable version
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website