We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleJava DeveloperDid you know that more than 90% of Danish and Norwegian households use Mastercard's bill payment solutions to pay their bills? We've started the journey to scale this Nordic success internationally, and our global BillPay Engineering team is integral to the success of this journey.
You'll be a part of a high priority growth area working in a highly autonomous team. In total our Oslo office has more than 100 skilled engineers working on payment applications used in the Nordics and beyond, forming part of an open and sharing community that provides excellent scope for your professional development.
We are searching for a Java developer with a passion for agile practices and continuous improvements. You will be a part of the software engineering team and work closely with the product owner to help us succeed with the product vision.
Your professional qualifications include:
• 4+ years of relevant experience, with knowledge of our tech stack
• Experience with Java, Spring, Maven and Hibernate.
• Experience with databases and SQL.
• Experience with development of REST-based APIs.
• Experience with Git, Jenkins, Maven.
• Experience with Linux/UNIX is an advantage
• Experience with data-intensive applications solutions with demand of high accessibility and distributed systems
• Experience with agile development processes (E.g. Scrum, Kanban)
• Experience with test-driven development and agile processes together with tools as jUnit, Fitnesse, Confluence and Jira
Among your personal qualities, we are looking for:
• Passion to act as a senior member of the team and take responsibility for your own development
• Ability to express thoughts clearly in verbal and written communications
• Ability to understand complex systems and events with external dependencies
• Ability to see areas of improvements and suggest suitable solutions
• Eagerness to always learn more and share knowledge with others
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website