We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Managing Consultant, Advisors Business DevelopmentGroup Description:
Mastercard Data & Services (D&S), the professional services arm of Mastercard, provides payments-focused consultancy services to financial institutions, governments, and merchants worldwide. With unique category expertise, a deep understanding of customer needs, and a successful track record in addressing complex challenges throughout the payment lifecycle, Mastercard D&S addresses clients' challenges and opportunities, enhances Mastercard's strategic and tactical performance, and establishes Mastercard as a global thought leader.
Role Description and Major Responsibilities:
The Senior Managing Consultant (SMC) is responsible for consultative selling and supporting the delivery of projects, primarily in Peru and Bolivia. In addition, the SMC manages the day-to-day relationship with clients and Mastercard internal stakeholders, helps to control the quality of the deliverables, and develops & delivers presentations.
The candidate should be able to, from a sales & relationship perspective:
• Engage in effective working relationships with internal and external clients
• Capture clients' implicit business needs in addition to articulated requests and identifying the most critical aspects of the problem to be solved
• Lead formal and informal pitches, from "storyboarding" through direct presentations, and create concise, persuasive written materials tailored to the "level" of the audience
• Effectively manage a pipeline of proposals from early lead stages through to signature
• Deliver on the numbers
• Proactively manage D&S business at market level, from planning & forecast to pipeline and revenue assurance
• Contribute to the development of the market beyond D&S
• Take a leading role in supporting major Mastercard deals, including RFP deal and cross-selling of value-added services (within and beyond Mastercard Data & Services)
• Proactively seek new knowledge and skills and facilitate the development of intellectual capital
The candidate should be able to, from a project perspective:
• Coach and provide feedback to other D&S team members
• Problem-solving efforts and structuring project work plan
• Formulating, articulating, and prioritizing project activities
• Creating and delivering concise, persuasive, and compelling presentations
• Overseeing the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of analysis
Developing conclusions and recommendations
• Undergraduate degree required
• MBA or relevant post-graduate degree preferred
• Strong commercially/business development-oriented experience
• Strong relationship management skills
• Technical fluency (i.e., comfortable with technology solutions, able to discuss trends and simplify concepts)
• Work experience in management consulting firm preferred
• Experience in managing projects and teams
• Payments and/or technology industry experience desirable
• Ability to work on a team or independently, and to influence and build consensus
• Drive for curiosity and innovation mindset
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Fluency in Spanish and English
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home . As a result, we've implemented a virtual hiring process, interview candidates by phone or video, and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In many locations, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website