We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleManaging Consultant, Auth and Fraud SME, AdvisorsManaging Consultant, Fraud Subject Matter Expert SME, Advisors Delivery, Data & Services
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
Make an Impact as a Managing Consultant and Fraud Subject Matter Expert
As a Managing Consultant and fraud subject matter expert, you will be a trusted client business advisor, and scope, lead, and advise on fraud client engagements. As the subject matter expert, you will partner with the Business Development team to develop and pitch engagements that can leverage Mastercard data and consulting knowledge in fraud. You will also be resource for enabling centralized training and knowledge management in fraud, and will lead engagement teams to best in class insights and project deliverables. Leading the work of the project Delivery team, you will provide subject matter and industry expertise, be a resource to others to identify creative and efficient solutions, and guide the team to business-focused solutions and recommendations that drive client value. Responsibilities within project management will include owning mid- to senior-level client relationships and proactively engaging in the client agenda, internal culture, and relationship risks.
You will mentor and coach junior teammates outside of direct engagement teams, and engender effective contribution to Mastercard's knowledge management and best practices within fraud. At Mastercard, you are expected to not only have a tremendous impact in transforming our clients, but also have a leading role in shaping the organization's future.
Bring your Passion and Expertise
We recruit for and value the following core competencies:
• Passion: Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in guiding project teams towards delivering the highest quality results and recommendations to our clients.
• Subject Matter Expertise: Regional go-to person for Fraud, assisting with specialist sales support and product development/refinement as needed, and focused on knowledge sharing and development of team members regionally and globally
• Problem Solving: Leads teams to identify the most critical aspects of a problem, and guides team to business-focused solutions and recommendations that drive client value. Initiates changes to project direction where required, and able to decide and act without the total picture.
• Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem solving and quantitative skills, and leads team to effective and efficient technical capability usage regardless of context.
• Project Management: Clear interest in project delivery with business clients, and intuition for the way that companies make decisions and how digital helps address clients' problems.
• Client Management: Inspire client confidence through client recognition of specialization, timely and reliable execution, and develop stakeholder management plans to align priorities and address support and resistance.
• Commercial Orientation: Ability to identify strong opportunities to leverage fraud, including identification of cross-sell opportunities beyond direct project work, and partner with broader Data & Services teammates on contracting activities, leveraging knowledge of Data & Services capabilities and how they fit together to create relevant solutions for clients.
• Leadership: Instill a sense of urgency, ownership, and empowerment and thoughtful risk taking into leaders at all levels. Structures work so it aligns with team members' goals and motivators.
• Diverse Perspective: Brings a unique skillset or approach to the table in every client engagement or internal activity.
This role can be located in any major European city depending on candidate preference.
• Undergraduate or master's degree
• Preferred experience includes:
o Proven experience in working in risk management, specifically an aptitude and understanding of the complexity of optimising approval rates within fraud management governance
o In-depth knowledge of managing the fraud threats across the entire life cycle covering but not limited to acquisition, account take-over, payment fraud and digital threats
o Appreciation of how digital enablement can enhance fraud management, cardholder acceptance and dispute resolution
o Understand the process and procedures of manging a multiple skilled operational centre
o Recoveries and chargeback rules and regulations
o Strong insights into PSD2, especially key components of Strong Customer Authentication
o Acquiring risk management knowledge and experience advantageous
o Deep knowledge of mitigating fraud losses through advanced fraud strategy capabilities and analytics
o Strong numerical aptitude
o Appreciation of the schemes rules and regulations
• Experience in a consulting organization as a consultant is a bonus
• Experience directly managing multiple people across multiple projects
• Experience as a mentor
• Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and ability to structure analyses to form data-driven solutions to ambiguous client challenges
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language/languages
• Demonstrated ability to own and develop relationships with both mid- and executive-level client contacts and inspire confidence in Mastercard Advisors as a sought-after partner
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and balance thought with action while getting the most out of limited resources
• Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required, SQL / data expertise preferred
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of which they are applying for a position in, as well as eligible to apply for travel visas as required by travel needs
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website