We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Managing Counsel, Privacy & Data Protection, Strategic GrowthThe Senior Managing Counsel will provide strategic and hands-on guidance for the design products and services in compliance with applicable global privacy and data laws, direct negotiation of complex product-related agreements, and engage with global regulators, representing on matters of data protection. Strong collaboration will be required across the Global Privacy & Data Protection team, Law and Policy Department, and Product Development teams to ensure deployment of Mastercard's Privacy by Design approach.
This position will be based preferably in London, UK.
• Oversee alignment and compliance of Strategic Growth products and services with Mastercard's policies, procedures and processes, and applicable global privacy & data-related laws, including GDPR, UK GDPR, and other applicable data protection and localisation laws.
• Provide strategic thought leadership on product design, identifying business and technical infrastructure requirements and controls to enable privacy compliance; work with business and technical teams to assist implementation while enabling business innovation.
• Enable the development of innovative Strategic Growth products and services through Privacy by Design methodology; ensure appropriate documentation in accordance with GDPR accountability requirements; conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments and other risk assessment activity as needed.
• Develop contract structures, review contracts and manage complex negotiations with customers, partners and vendors, to ensure privacy compliance as well as to secure data use rights.
• Monitor and analyze emerging privacy and data laws, analyze implications and prepare regular updates identifying potential impacts for Mastercard's business operations, reputation, customers and partners.
• Engage with the organization on privacy and data-related matters, e.g. through employee training and through raising employee awareness about new regulatory or industry developments.
• Provide regular trainings and updates about emerging technologies, as well as Mastercard's Strategic Growth products and services, to the Global Privacy & Data Protection team and the approaches to ensure privacy compliance.
All About You
• Admitted as a lawyer in relevant jurisdiction. Any additional post-graduate qualifications or certifications (e.g. IAPP) considered an asset
• Experienced managing teams and collaborating across a wide range of business stakeholders to drive initiatives through to conclusion
• Extensive experience in reviewing products and services using a Privacy by Design methodology
• A risk-based mindset able to succinctly identify critical areas of concern and construct legally-compliant, commercially-viable solutions
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated experience distilling complex- legal and technical issues into clear, concise messaging to a wide variety of audiences including executive leadership
• Specialized in and track record dealing with global privacy and data-related regulatory frameworks
• Solid knowledge of GDPR, UK GDPR and data protection and localisation laws
• Experienced with financial services industry and emerging payment technologies
• Superior time management, planning, and organizational skills, with strong analytic capabilities. Attention to detail is a must.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven experience in relationship building and partnering.
• Ability to motivate and influence highly skilled professionals to achieve major organizational goals
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website