We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Product OwnerOverview
Mastercard Payment Gateway Services Product Management-Technical team is looking for a Product Owner to drive the delivery of payment gateway solutions in a fast-paced Scaled Agile Framework environment. The ideal candidate is passionate about both understanding the customer & the business.
• Product Owner for your Agile development team, working closely with internal Product Managers to understand high level business needs & business requirements, and representing these back to your Agile team.
• Carry out thorough functional and business analysis of high-level business needs and elaborate progressively
• Clarify and answer various functional questions that teams might have with respect to the Features/Stories, such that the teams are able to carry out the development as per expectations
• Collaborate with your Agile development team(s) and system architects to understand the impact on gateway systems and agree the optimal functional solution for new product features
• Take an active role in the SAFe PI Planning process, preparing features for the planning event and working through these features with your team to plan their delivery
• Through team backlog grooming sessions and individual elaboration activity, define user stories that capture the functional requirements identified to meet the agreed solution.
• Take responsibility for the prioritization of the team backlog and for accepting user stories on build completion
• Produce internal & external-facing supporting documentation using standard templates and natural language.
The ideal candidate for this position:
• Must have sound analytical skills i.e. the ability to take high level requirements and drill these down into detailed functional requirements under your own initiative.
• Demonstrate the ability to collaboratively, design solutions that both enhance the product offering and work within the design principles
• Comfortable working at a detailed level with interface specifications & can do related data mappings to and from APIs
• Ability to work collaboratively with development and business stakeholders within an Agile team
• Able to communicate effectively with both business & technical audiences
• Payments experience is a plus but not essential
• Empowerment and accountability
• Collaboration mindset
• Thoughtful risk taking
• Committed to deliver on time and to quality
• Willingness to learn and get stuck in
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website