We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Professional - Europe Controllers Group- Have you ever lead projects and worked with various stakeholders to achieve common goals ?
- Are you excited to apply your accounting experience and work in collaboration with Tax and Accounting teams ?
- Are you interested in joining an international company which is developing very fast ?
- Do you have interest in participating in significant projects such as M&A and new entities creation ?
The position will be part of the Controller's group within MasterCard Europe's Finance division, reporting to the Europe Accounting Manager. This position is based in the European regional headquarters of Mastercard in Waterloo (Belgium).
The Europe Controller's Group is responsible for ensuring the integrity of the financials in partnership with the GBSC (Shared Service Center located in the US) and providing advisory support to the business teams across a number of areas including accounting & controls, deal structures and M&A.
The core mission of the jobholder is to ensure timely and accurate statutory reporting compliance within Europe, while also responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the US GAAP financials for the entities in the scope of responsibility.
Statutory reporting compliance:
- Prepare & review the conversion of accounts from management GAAP (USGAAP) to local GAAP through the preparation/review of the statutory financial statements;
- A wide responsibility in terms of day-to day interactions with various stakeholders including coordination (accounting & tax teams across the world, senior management, banks, auditors, service providers,…)
- Support the preparation of BeGAAP accounting and reporting compliance for Mastercard Europe (including social balance, board of directors' reports to be files with the Belgian National Bank), as well as information provided to the workers' council.
- Coordination & support for statutory and tax audits
Monthly & quarterly accounting/reporting processes
- Perform month-end closing process
- Statistical surveys – prepare local national bank inquiries & statistical surveys (collection of information, analysis, coordination,…) for all European entities and branches in scope of responsibility.
- Responsible for tax accounting activities, including deferred tax accounting, VAT reconciliations, VAT turnover, tax audit support, payroll reconciliation,…)
- Financial integrity – validate financial integrity of Europe region books for entities within scope of responsibility: perform detailed P&L and Balance Sheet reviews at statutory book level within Europe and proactively identify issues.
- Coordinate with shared service center to resolve issues identified to ensure financial integrity of books.
- Promote and maintain a strong control environment (SOX, BCP, process documents,…)
All about you
- Master or bachelor in accounting, audit or finance. CPA or relevant accounting certification is a plus
- Strong relevant work experience (audit, accounting, statutory reporting experience preferred)
- In-depth Excel skills combined with a good knowledge of common ERP (Oracle preferred) and reporting tools
- USGAAP knowledge in combination with either BeGAAP, French GAAP, Spanish GAAP, German GAAP or any other European GAAP
- Excellent team player with strong interpersonal and technical accounting
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, high sense of initiative and urgency
- Fluency in English is required, any other European language is a plus
What we offer
- A challenging, dynamic and innovating environment where personal development and growth are encouraged
- Opportunity to work in an international environment
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website