We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Software Development Engineer-1Senior Software Development Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer at Mastercard,
• You will develop analytic applications that sit atop vast datasets gathered by retail stores, restaurants, banks, and other consumer-focused companies. The challenge is to create high-performance algorithms, cutting-edge analytical techniques, compelling visualizations, and intuitive workflows that allow our users to derive insights from big data that in turn drive their businesses.
• You will work on the solution that needs to be deployed on customer premises.
• You will have an opportunity to collaborate with multiple teams to design and develop components that need to be deployed on these customer premises.
• You will focus on full stack development, including the underlying server management technologies
Engineers work in small, flexible teams. Every team member contributes to feature design, building, and testing. There are no rigid organizational structures at Mastercard; each team uses processes that work the best for that team's members and projects.
This position is based out of China, but will be working closely with teams based around the world.
All About You
• At least 2 years' experience on python web based projects and be familiar with the frameworks like Django, Flask, etc.
• Can write python unit testing to ensure the code quality.
• Have the ability of writing SQL, performing SQL Tuning. Experience in handling big data with complex SQL is preferred
• Familiar with RDBMS (SQL Server, PostgreSQL).
• Have good knowledge on Linux OS and VM Servers, and have the experience of troubleshooting for applications which run in big banks.
• Prefer to have experience on developing banking related projects.
• Having the concept of CI/CD would be a plus.
• Having the ability of frontend development would be a plus.
• Fluent in English
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website