We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Software EngineerOverview
Connect Team is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to design and develop software product applications for market sale or large-scale proprietary software applications for internal use. Candidate will have a strong passion and background in full-stack, cloud-based software environment and making quality production software at all stages of the software lifecycle.
· Responsible for software development implementations, taking high-level requirements and producing robust solutions, within predefined timelines, scope limitations, and in accordance with Agile SDLC methodology;
· Responsible for research, planning, estimating, designing, and ensuring customizations and integration components that are designed to meet the business needs;
· Interface with the business operations and product teams for technical specifications; and Participate in customer support processes;
· Responsible for research, planning, estimation, design, while ensuring that customizations and integration components are meeting the business needs;
· Design and code all aspects of solutions within a dynamic, rapid application environment involving a diverse technology stack that includes provide training on coding standards and best practices to team members;
· Produce quality, tested, and documented code;
· Act as a mentor to team members and aid in adherence to established coding techniques and standards
· Proficient coding experience building highly scalable, highly available full stack Java applications;
· Significant hands-on experience architecting and developing fine-grained services using modern Java EE frameworks (Spring Boot/Spring Cloud/Spring IO etc.)
· Extensive experience designing and developing REST API's (Java Spring Framework preferred);
· Experience with Agile development methodologies including unit testing, test-driven development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Pair Programming, and Automated Testing;
· Minimum of 2 years' experience in active adherence to SDLC methodologies such as Agile or Incremental and working knowledge of SCRUM is a plus;
· Deep understanding of contemporary API and architectural concepts (REST, Microservices, etc.)
· Experience in 12-factor app architecture, design, and implementation;
· Experience working in an enterprise-scale SaaS product environment that is deployed using cloud technologies like OpenStack and Cloud Foundry is a plus;
· Proficient in one or more Relational and Non-Relational DB technologies such as MS SQL Server, MongoDB, Cassandra, CouchDB or Postgres;
· Familiarity with deploying applications with container technology (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.);
· Proven understanding of OOAD, design patterns, and application development processes and practices with focus on reusability, extensibility, and performance;
· Solid understanding of software development environments, source control techniques, and continuous integration;
· Passion and experience in coaching and mentoring junior and senior software engineers.
· Experience as a mentor to junior/mid-level colleague(s)
· Self-motivated team player who excels in a collaborative environment
• MS degree or foreign equivalent in computer science, engineering, or related field
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website