Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleSenior Software Engineer, Platforms- Data & Services with expertise in data structure, Algorithms & analyticsOverview
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Data & Services, you will have the opportunity to build high-performance analytics platform that advances how businesses all over the world unleash the most value from their data. Our next generation platform blends industry-leading analytics, advanced software architecture, and the latest web technologies. You will play a vital role within a rapidly growing organization, while working closely with experienced and driven engineers to solve challenging problems. You will have the opportunity to shape the office and team culture and be a part of growing the recently started Data & Services Platforms team in Pune.
Engineers work in small, flexible teams. Every team member contributes to designing, building, and testing features. We take an agile approach to software development and practice continuous integration and delivery. The range of work that a team will encounter varies from front-end web development to writing server-side calculation code to database work. We prefer no rigid organizational structures; each team uses processes that work the best for its members and projects. This position is based out of our new Pune, India office, but will be working closely with our US teams based in Arlington, VA and New York City, NY.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
· Design and develop state of the art service-oriented software architectures
· Produces well-structured designs using various design patterns that maintain a clear separation of concerns
· Assist in leading the development team and serve as a technical resource for team members
· Lead planning and scoping features for the team
· Create cutting-edge algorithms and analytical techniques that can handle on-the-fly processing across hundreds of dimensions
· Play a central role in developing a powerful suite of web applications, and drive valuable improvements to the capabilities of our product
· Leverage new technologies and approaches to innovating with increasingly large data sets
· Lead and push the boundaries of analytics and powerful, scalable applications
· Collaborate across teams with exceptional peers who are passionate about what they do
· Apply your skills in computer science, math, and statistics to solve important problems faced by some of the world's largest organizations
· Innovate on code and database deployment methods for all applications developed by your team
· Mentor the team and provide guidance to improve on the quality of product development
All About You
· Full stack engineer with experience working with UI, Microservices development and Database side
· Deep understanding of relevant core technologies, libraries, and processes
· Deep understanding of the technologies in C#, SQL Server, React/Redux
· Good understanding of various design pattern.
· Deep understanding of algorithms and data structures
· Passion for solving varied and complex real-world problems
· Initiative and creativity in approaching new challenges
· Ability to thrive on small, highly collaborative project teams
· Solid technical foundation with a degree in Computer Science or related field
· Strong written and verbal English communication skills
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website