We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Technical Program ManagerOverview
• Responsible for planning, execution, and delivery, from inception to completion, for an existing technology product or program
• Proactively manages the end-to-end delivery of engineering work though the engineering team and all dependent organizations
• Reports on progress, ensuring dependencies are covered
• Operates between teams and architectures overseeing the gaps between teams, processes, and systems, while removing all blocking issues leading to a successful delivery
• Plan, execute, and deliver projects from inception to completion related to a known technology, product, or program
• Proactively manage the end-to-end delivery of engineering work through the organization and all dependent organizations, reporting out progress, ensuring dependencies are covered, overseeing the gaps between teams, processes, and systems, while removing all blocking issues leading to a successful delivery
• Work with 2-3 scrum teams and have the technical credibility to drive constructive discussions with the engineering teams (you may be embedded within the scrum team or your work may be cross-cutting across products, multiple scrum teams, and/or technologies)
• Need guidance occasionally from peers and/or your manager as the team's operating procedures and technology are well defined
• Drive clarity into technical implementation by driving design discussion with the team
• Provide business context to engineers as required and competently represent your team's systems to others both inside and outside the organization
• Build and maintain integrated project schedules that account for internal/external dependencies, differing delivery approaches, numerous constraints, and adequately factor in contingency for unplanned delays
• Negotiate features and associated priority and help the team and their customers reach consensus
• Collaborate with engineering managers to secure resources, scope efforts, set priorities and establish delivery milestones
• Figure out the sequencing of the work so that engineering execution can be optimized
• Identify blocking issues and manage their resolution
• Ensure Control teams from Legal, InfoSec, etc. participate in the application's development and deployment efforts as required
• Manage project communications, and may be the first point of contact for the team
• Run effective meetings
• Clearly articulate scope, timelines, dependencies, owners, actions, risks, and mitigations
• Own project communications and ensure the right information about the status of a project is delivered to the right audience at the right time
• Have good working relationships with engineers, managers, and peers
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website