We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSoftware Development Engineer IIWho is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Mastercard Payment Gateway Services is a leading supplier of online payment and fraud screening services. We are an innovative and ambitious market leader intent on growing our global presence. We follow the best software development and Agile practices, to deliver successfully, again and again.
As part of our ongoing expansion, we're looking for an experienced Software Engineer (2+ years) who is as passionate about software engineering excellence as we are about excellence in financial payments, someone who enjoys creating and delivering successful software platforms in a team of proud and collaborative software engineers.
- Deliver great software as part of software engineering squad
- Be part a team that is responsible for building a global platform that performs at scale serving millions of customers.
- Provide technical leadership to the team to make the right technology implementation decisions, meeting the needs of the business and operational teams.
All About You
- You have experience using modern software development practices, including test driven development, automated testing, micro-services and continuous delivery.
- Your analytical skills enable you to see around corners to the problems that lie out of sight so that we can overcome them before they bite us.
- You are a self-starter, creative thinker, proactive and enthusiastic; and a team player, as keen on the success of those around you as of your own.
- You're a good communicator and have proven experience in collaborating effectively with business stakeholders.
- Payments and fintech experience will be well-regarded.
Experience in Technologies
- Successful experience building mission-critical applications based on Micro services Architecture; distributed systems architecture; RESTful APIs.
- Experience developing software using domain-driven design (DDD) approach
- TDD software development
- Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) supported by Jenkins or similar automation servers
- Proficiency using Generics, Lambda Expressions, and Streams
- Good understanding of Object Oriented principals
- Skills in some of the following technologies:
- Java, XML, JSON, Oracle, Postgres, Cassandra, Elastic
- Practical experience with NoSQL, e.g. Cassandra database technologies
- Distributed systems using Apache Kafka, Apache Zookeeper, Apache Ignite
- Distributed Cache (GemFire, Hazelcast, Memcached, Ignite, Redis)
- Test automation with Cucumber and Selenium
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website