We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Software Development Engineer in Test - Consumer Data ManagementOverview
The Mastercard Shared Services group is on a mission to drive adoption and evolve our Consumer Data Management (CDM) Services. These are internally consumed capabilities that are the foundation for Mastercard's product and service offerings globally. We provide a secure source of Consumer PII/PCI data for all Mastercard products, as well as providing Consumer Consent and Consumer Messaging products, while meeting the stringent needs of regulatory requirements. These API services allow us to manage Consumer data so that Market facing programs can avoid having to do this development themselves, and can focus on their core business services and capabilities instead.
The Mastercard CDM team in Dublin is looking for an experienced Software Engineer in Test to join our cross-functional Program which includes Architects, Developers, Quality Engineers, Site Reliability Engineers, Analysts and Product Owners. The ideal candidate is a team player, who is highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical and puts people and team culture first and foremost.
This role involves working with a team of talented developers and quality engineers to deliver high quality, low latency, highly scalable Java based API services. In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Partner with Product Owners, Developers and other Quality Engineers to understand features and identify test needs.
• Implementing the overall test strategy for Consumer Data Management service offerings by building out Java automation suites, while adhering to Mastercard coding standards of excellence.
• Monitoring of unit test coverage and quality gating. Execution of smoke/integration testing across all environments and reporting on automation runs.
• Execution of performance suite, test runs and analysis of results.
• Hands-on test automaton skills in Java/SpringBoot micro-service testing with experience in unit, functional and integration testing. Strong Java skills essential.
• Experience in different software development test approaches & frameworks: BDD, Unit tests, Cucumber, Spock, Groovy. Exposure to Cypress automation tool will be an added advantage.
• Experience in API testing.
• Knowledge of CI/CD principles and tools such as Bitbucket, Maven, Jenkins, Chef.
• Experience working in a cloud environment an advantage e.g. PCF, Azure.
• Experience in performance testing an advantage.
• Experience in writing clear and efficient test plans and test cases.
• Experience in working in an Agile environment.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Demonstrate initiative and a willingness to take on challenging opportunities.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website