We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSoftware Engineering ConsultantWho is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Global Customer Care team drives operational support resolution for Mastercard's B2B & B2C customers and represents the customer internally to ensure our company provides the highest quality customer experiences.
The RPA team within the CX Tech team provides automation solutions for daily business processes. The team's customers rely on this highly skilled team to provide efficient automated solution to daily business processes.
The Consultant, Software Engineering is responsible for providing technical leadership and setting design direction for the Robotic Processing Automation team as well as the Technical Resource Service team, bringing both technical vision and business objectives together.
Lead design, maintenance and roadmap of RPA and TRS Service Architecture to fulfil internal and external customer requirements.
Own the end to end delivery of key features and functions for major system enhancements including working closely with 3rd party solution providers.
Analyzes the current architecture to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements.
Identifies and when necessary, proposes variances to the architecture to accommodate project needs
Participate in architectural decisions and product road mapping
Ensure solutions are consistent with MasterCard policies and standards for Security, Accessibility, and Privacy.
Ability to work with cross functional teams to enable integration with both with internal and external systems (Federated Single Sign On, Salesforce, Remedy etc)
Work closely with different internal business partners, TechOps and BizOps teams on standardizing service support and SLA's.
Define and support consistent integration architecture of enterprise capabilities to maximize the opportunities of new integrations, geographies and product knowledge.
More detailed skills and experience requirements:
• Familiarity / understanding of automation processing, huge plus if knowledge in Automation Anywhere
Deep and broad knowledge in multiple core technologies like Java, Micro services, Work flow systems and Software as a Service - SAS based solutions
Experience in migration of applications from on premise to public cloud – including AWS and/or Azure.
• Lead Architecture and Design decisions for multiple projects in the department.
• Responsible for analysis, design, and development of roadmaps and implementation plans based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
• Ensures compatibility with existing solutions, infrastructure, services, and strategic requirements.
• Advises on options, risks, costs versus benefits, system impacts, and technology priorities.
• Works with Product Owners to understand business requirements and help them understand how technology tradeoffs influence strategy.
• Good understanding of Integration frameworks related to federated Single Sign on (Security Assertion Markup Language -SAML & Java Web Token - JWT) & Application Program Interface – RESTful API based integration
• Solid experience as a developer utilizing technologies/tools including Java/J2EE, Angular, Jenkins, PCF, Springboot, Rally, GIT and understanding of Native Cloud applications
• Define and drive Technical communications next generation solutions such as Content as Service and Artificial Intelligence -AI based Chabot solutions.
• Experience in creating & driving proof-of-concepts and recommending technology stacks
• Ability to present concepts, pros/cons, and weigh value to technical and business stakeholders
• Ability to effectively communicate abstract concepts in verbal, written, and visual forms.
• High energy, can-do attitude, strong desire to succeed
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website