Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleSr Bizops Engineer - FTPThe Shared Components BizOps team is looking for a Consultant (for Global File Transfer) who can help us solve problems in File Transfer area, lead Mastercard in DevOps automation and best practices
• Are you a born problem solver who loves to figure out how something works?
• Are you a CI/CD geek who loves all things automation?
• Do you have a low tolerance for manual work and look to automate everything you can?
• Have you ever worked with File Transfer Protocols?
• Have you ever worked with Managed File Transfer Systems?
• Have you have ever supported critical infrastructure for a global company?
• Do you want to be a part of a collaborative environment?
Business Operations is leading the DevOps transformation at Mastercard through our tooling and by being an advocate for change & standards throughout the development, quality, release, and product organizations. We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding or equivalent, practical experience.
• Experience with algorithms, data structures, scripting, pipeline management, and software design.
• Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
• Ability to help debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
• We support many different stakeholders. Experience in dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency is needed.
• Experience in one or more of the following is preferred: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby.
• Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
• We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
• For work on our dev ops team, engineer with experience in industry standard CI/CD tools like Git/BitBucket, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, and Chef. Experience designing and implementing an effective and efficient CI/CD flow that gets code from dev to prod with high quality and minimal manual effort is required.
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
• Analyze ITSM activities of the platform and provide feedback loop to development teams on operational gaps or resiliency concerns
• Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews.
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
• Support the application CI/CD pipeline for promoting software into higher environments through validation and operational gating, and lead Mastercard in DevOps automation and best practices.
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
• Take a holistic approach to problem solving, by connecting the dots during a production event thru the various technology stack that makes up the platform, to optimize mean time to recover
• Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones
• Share knowledge and mentor junior resources
• Understanding of PCI certification will be added advantage.
• Required: Knowledge of File Transfer protocols (FTP/SFTP) & concepts
• Required: CICS, JCL, Knowledge of Connect : Direct (IBM Product), InterPel (Optional), UNIX skills, basic Java programming skills
• Required: Strong DB2 / SQL skills
• Good understanding of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) concepts Generating and understanding the TCP dumps will be added advantage.
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaboration skills and organizational skills. Ability to clearly communicate business goals and strategy.
• Experience managing several customer Implementations on the File Transfer solutions.
• Expert familiarity with established policies, procedures and service level agreements (SLA).
• Ability to design and develop business operations model for File transfer products to provide support for business needs.
• Quick Learner - Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks and tools and support multiple concurrent activities and to interface with external / internal resources, working as a member of a matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team."
• Subject matter expert in File transfer Solutions specifically Knowledge of Connect : Direct (IBM Product), InterPel
• Responsible to lead the technical and functional consultation on the production environments.
• Collaborate consultation processes to communicate technical concepts of the platform to the customers and internal teams.
• Responsible to be the application SME and manage the on-call rotation for incident management
• Responsible to keep all environments in sync with each other along with latest stable version
• Being this is operations role, person will be responsible to support oncall activities.
• Improving the operations maturity to reduce the oncall activities.
• Highly focused towards automation and reduce manual work
• Exposure to DevOps
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website