We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSystem Owner - OmnibillingPayments International is a unit of Mastercard's New Payment Platform business responsible for developing systems for instant payments on a global scale. Our instant payment solution Real Time 24/7 is already in production in Denmark, Italy, Slovenia and Hungary - with many more countries and implementations to follow. Driving the usage of this platform we have developed a range of overlay services, such as our bill pay solution Omnibilling, which we are expecting to experience strong growth in the coming years. To meet the requirements of our expansion and develop the product to be even stronger in the global market, we are looking for a developer profile who can take the role as a system owner for our customer solutions.
The team you will join is very experienced within their domain and technically very capable. As a candidate, you will be able to develop your skills further and have great sparring partners in your daily work.
Want to be our new colleague and fill in an important role?
Maintenance of our production systems is an extremely important part of our daily operation. Secure and stable operation has been our mantra for decades and is still our license to operate. For this reason, we need System Owners to be overall responsible for each of our services.
Typical tasks will be:
• Have an operational focus on the service and be the go-to person for our Business Unit and other stakeholders
• Coordinate effort from sourcing vendors (where applicable) and internals.
• Act as a single point of contact at incidents and coordinate effort to solve incidents.
• Configuration Management responsibility for the service (customer delivery) – be in control of what is delivered to the specific customer.
• Development as part of a product development team.
Preferred background and qualifications:
• Education at bachelor level or higher
• Background as a Java developer, with solid technical knowledge and able to understand the technology landscape.
• Experience with data-intensive applications solutions with demanding of high accessibility and distributed systems
• Experience with agile processes together with tools as Confluence and Jira
• Experience with Linux/UNIX and preferably also Oracle Databases is an advantage
• Experience with application development & maintenance.
Preferred personal competencies:
As a person, you are service-minded and customer-oriented. You should be able to work in a structured and detailed manner, but at the same time be solution-oriented within scope. The right candidate can create relations internally and towards customers.
What we can offer the right candidates:
• An opportunity to join a leading global technology company
• Become part of a high-spirited team that is tasked with a high-priority project and delivery that has company-wide attention
• Challenging tasks that contribute to both professional and personal progress and development
• An opportunity to be part of a company known for growth and innovation
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website