We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleVice President, Product Management, Core Products & Digital Solutions, ChinaOverview
China continues to be a sizeable market with great potential for Mastercard; with $10Trillion in domestic spend and outbound cross-border flows exceeding $200B. The market landscape is fast evolving with interplay of consumer trends, competitor dynamics and regulatory developments where we see the rapid digitization of the consumer economy with intensifying competition in digital payments. Therefore, as we organize ourselves for domestic market entry, it is essential that we are ready for the digitization of consumer economy.
As VP, Head of Products & Innovation in China, this person is expected to drive a digital-first and holistic value proposition, serving both traditional financial institutions and digital players, with the view to boost our current cross-border business, build differentiated value added services to not only protect the core but drive the future engagement with new customers.
• Leverages In-Market expertise to lead In-Market product strategy, product roadmaps and priorities and cross-product integration
• Engages with Mastercard senior management to develop the strategic direction for Mastercard digital products and services.
• Ensures our digital strategy is aligned and integrated with the needs of our core business and the needs of our customers.
• Coordinates digital strategy, integration and deployment with the regional and global Products & innovation teams; including driving differentiated products to meet the current and emerging needs of MasterCard customers
• Partners with O&T, Services. Customer Delivery and Marketing at senior levels to define and drive execution of go-to-market strategies
• Responsible for In-Market product financial performance including P&L
• Acts as an expert, advocate and champion for designated products to internal and external stakeholders
• Advises and supports sales by recommending and influencing In-Market product pricing, and oversees the development of training and other product support materials for a region
• Identifies, evaluates and prioritizes business cases for new business and product opportunities, and builds business models to improve MasterCard's footprint and competitiveness at a market level
• Leads the newly integrated Products & Innovation team of 12-16 team members.
All About You
• MBA or Masters Degree required
• Deep experience in translating and applying customer feedback to lead product offering adjustment strategies
• Deep experience in setting direction for go-to-market plans and leveraging market insights to differentiate from competitors
• Deep experience in initiating and managing investigations of product/business risks and concerns
• Deep experience in the digital payments space in China with proven success in bringing products to market and generating adoption.
• Proven ability to develop complex strategic go-to-market plans, and execute on those plans.
• In depth understanding of the payments ecosystem both in China and globally
• In depth understanding of web & mobile (iOS, Android) applications, including integration frameworks & architectures.
• Understanding of API architecture and cloud infrastructure is a plus
• Understanding of the fundamentals of UI and UX design for mobile is a definite plus
• Experience, or interest in, digital design is a plus
• Operational understanding of payments technologies
• Ability to leverage technical knowledge & real world experience to solve complex business problems.
• Excellent problem solving, product documentation, and project management skills.
• Proven ability to build and maintain strong, productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and external customers
• Ability to influence people at multiple levels and navigate a global, decentralized organization
• Good English communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to develop creative solutions for customer needs across multiple products and services.
• Travel required.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website