Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleWeb and Mobile Application ArchitectThis is an Architectural role within Consumer Applications accountable for the Web and Mobile solution architecture and providing architectural governance across Solutions Delivery.
Key accountabilities and duties:
Define the architecture framework and its constituent artifacts in developing services through appropriate and tailored architecture methods.
Provide the leadership to bring together business, application, infrastructure and data requirements into a single view of solutions options and recommendations.
Design solutions in a phased manner in an Agile environment, come up with just in time design and factor in design refactoring as a part of the Agile design methodology.
Understand and manage stakeholder expectations at a senior and executive level.
Provide clear choices and recommendations that enable both business and technical decision making. Responsible for the stakeholder engagement of internal and external parties with regard to architecture decisions and their implications.
Provide credible technical knowledge and insight to stakeholders and if needed to external customers. May be responsible for delivering presentations to key external stakeholders and customers.
Through close partnership with Product and Strategy, understand and anticipate business needs and provide leadership and influence in the ‘art of the possible'.
Responsible for driving the decision making process for technology choices including build versus buy and any subsequent purchases.
Provide the architecture authority in the evaluation and selection of hardware and software product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations
Maintain an expert level of technical knowledge in the required technical areas and a broader specialist base as new technologies emerge. Support innovation and/or research and development initiatives as needed.
Project / Programme Delivery:
Define and ensure the architecture and design approach is appropriately planned and delivered against sprint timelines. Own the suitability of the activities and artefacts to ensure the approach is not under/over engineered. Clearly report progress against plans and escalate as needed.
Provide technical authority and governance across the lifetime of agreed projects.
Support the testing function in ensuring testing strategies are appropriate for the solution
In collaboration with Product, support the definition of solution architecture and contribute to the development of complimentary architecture roadmaps.
Create, enhance and maintain architecture governance standards and processes.
Responsible for identifying and documenting key architecture decisions and ensuring these are shared and agreed following Architecture Governance Group reviews.
Responsible for the development and maintenance an architecture overview for agreed product sets. Proactively build, maintain and share reference information regarding architecture artefacts and supporting information
Ensure the simplification and re-use of architecture elements within solutions
Support the leadership of the team and department by setting a high performance benchmark and encouraging and inspiring excellence in the team
Lead by example and model the team behaviors to the team and wider organization. Motivate, inspire and give clear direction.
Knowledge and expertise:
• Experience in design and implementation of Mobile and Web Architecture with domain knowledge in Android, iOS and Web Development platforms
• Experience as a Solution Architect with strong knowledge of and expertise in mobile solution delivery
• Hands-on experience in most of the following:
- iOS Tech Required Skills: Swift, VIPER, Reactive (ReactiveCocoa), CocoaPods, Embeded frameworks, Fastlane, Git.
- Android Tech Required Skills: MVP/MVC/MVVM architecture-based development experience, Core Java, Collections Framework, Concurrency/Multithreading in Android.
• Experience in end-to-end architecture including front-end, web services, middle tier, and back-end
• Ability to own and lead initiatives to define, design, and implement mobile solutions which include reference architectures, estimates, and costing
• Experience in analyzing best practices and emerging concepts in mobile application, mobile devices, operating systems, mobile middleware platform and web technologies
• Experience in review and audit existing solution, design and system architectures
• Experience of POS payment solutions or working with Mobile wallets.
• Experience working using Agile methodology
• Ability to determine approaches to solve complex programme level requirements into leading technical teams to delivered the required architecture and design deliverables.
• Ability to work with domain and technology experts to develop solution from high level architecture to detailed design level - recognized as a subject matter expert
Moxy MVP, Mockito, Kotlin, Android custom views, Gradle advanced usage (plugins + configurations), Network security, Network Topology, Cryptography
Degree level capability is indicated, but equivalent professional experience is acceptable.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website